Anyone Use Amoretti Products?

Baking By Jbest Updated 8 Jul 2010 , 11:57pm by kcjc

Jbest Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jbest Posted 21 May 2010 , 7:26pm
post #1 of 7

Has anyone out there used the amoretti products? I just got my free samples today and was very please that I received a bunch of them, but when I read their formula for how to use them I am totally confused. Just wondering how anyone else made out with them.

6 replies
Peridot Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Peridot Posted 21 May 2010 , 8:22pm
post #2 of 7

I received their free samples about a year ago and I liked them and still have some left. I didn't measure - I just added whatever flavor I wanted and then tasted the icing or the batter and never had a problem with adding too much. I liked their strawberry and raspberry and the chocolate. I know that was not what you are supposed to do but I was not going to be weighing anything. I did toss some of the stuff they sent as I knew I would never use it.

The product is too expensive for me to use but I did enjoy the samples and the representative that I talked to was very nice. But once you get the samples they do call you and want you to order from them.

Jbest Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jbest Posted 21 May 2010 , 11:16pm
post #3 of 7

Yeah I took one look at the formula and the prices and I just started to laugh. I couldn't believe how expensive they were. And as for the formula, I'll probably just do what you did and play with it. I'm not a mathmatician-lol

reecestac Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
reecestac Posted 4 Jun 2010 , 1:22am
post #4 of 7

How did you guys get the samples? I think some of the high end bakers use it though

DDiva Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DDiva Posted 4 Jun 2010 , 1:31am
post #5 of 7

I LOVE Amoretti!! Wouldn't think of using anything else. They're expensive, but worth every penny. Just give them a call and ask for Arda. She's great and will send out samples for you. Also, if you attend IBIE this Fall in Las Vegas they are usually a vendor. You can sign up for samples at the show.

anasazi17 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
anasazi17 Posted 4 Jun 2010 , 1:33am
post #6 of 7

Hi! I use Amoretti products for some things. I highly recommend their extracts..the orange is amazing! It is a little pricy, but a little goes a long way. I use about a 1/ tablespoon for a 12"-3" high cake. I got a hold of them by their website. I did receive the sample kit...they last a while.

kcjc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kcjc Posted 8 Jul 2010 , 11:57pm
post #7 of 7

i also just received samples. i do have a scale but it's not digital. I guess I'll look into the price for that. I'm really excited about trying these. Now if I could just understand when it would be beneficial to use the compound verses the extract.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%