2 Tier Disaster..plz Help Me!!!!!

Decorating By pinkx2 Updated 23 May 2010 , 7:32pm by mamawrobin

pinkx2 Posted 21 May 2010 , 6:04pm
post #1 of 6

i have a 2 tiered cake to be delivered tom. its CROOKED! very crooked. it has all the borders on, the fondant circles on. now what? i dont want to start over because i work late tonight..is there any saving this??? and i think its the bottom tier that is uneven..but im not even sure!!!! icon_sad.gif

5 replies
leily Posted 21 May 2010 , 6:24pm
post #2 of 6

When you put the supports under the top tier did you measure one and then cut them all to the same height? Or did you measure each one individually?

carmijok Posted 21 May 2010 , 6:32pm
post #3 of 6

I know this may sound strange, but it worked in a pinch for me. If your top tier is leaning and have any cake scraps left, try lifting your top tier (make sure your cake is very cold..and yes, you'll have to patch a bit) and stuff them under until it is level. Or you might have to take the entire top off and add a dowel rod on one side that is a little higher to give it the lift you need. Then add more frosting and redo your border. If your top tier just needs leveling, add more buttercream and smooth. If the bottom tier still looks wonky, I don't know what to tell you. Good luck

leah_s Posted 21 May 2010 , 7:08pm
post #4 of 6

Well, it may be an all nighter . . . the Friday Night Cake Club will be around tonight.

If the bottom tier is causing the problem, well, it won't get any better with time.

drushing Posted 23 May 2010 , 7:28pm
post #5 of 6

i have used marshmallows or extra frosting under the area that is not level. If you are going too be there to cut the cake use the marshmallows, other wise use extra frosting.

mamawrobin Posted 23 May 2010 , 7:32pm
post #6 of 6

Since the cake was delivered on Saturday I'm curious if you were able to fix the problem. Update?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%