Kopykake Frosting Sheets In Cricut Cake Machine?

Decorating By cakesbykitty Updated 23 May 2010 , 4:01pm by KCC

cakesbykitty Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesbykitty Posted 21 May 2010 , 5:23pm
post #1 of 5

Have any of you tried using a KopyKake frosting sheet in the Cricut Cake?

for the Cricut cake frosting sheets do you take them off the paper backing and use crisco like you do with gumpaste?

TIA, CC'rs are the best!

4 replies
nickie409 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nickie409 Posted 23 May 2010 , 3:53pm
post #2 of 5

I have tried using Kopykake frosting sheets with the Cricut Cake. They work about the same as the Cricut frosting sheets. With both, you have to make sure your mat is not cut up (do not follow the instructions on the DVD). Use the lowest setting on pressure that will cut (experiment starting on the lowest, and move up from there). If you have ANY cuts in your mat, take fine sand paper and get them off. The biggest problem so far with the Cricut Cake, is not cutting into your mat, once you do, your stuff starts tearing (due to the air pocket the cut creates). Good luck, and I hope this helps.

aide27 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aide27 Posted 23 May 2010 , 4:00pm
post #3 of 5

THEY ARE THE BEST I USED LOW SPEED #3 IN PRESSURE AND CUT IT 2 TIMES.TRY THIS AND REMEMBER THE SMALLEST DESIGNS ARE THE HARDEST TO HAVE A CLEAN CUT.

MnSnow Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MnSnow Posted 23 May 2010 , 4:00pm
post #4 of 5

I have use Kopy Kakes icing sheets without any problems--even with my mat having cuts in it.

I do not take the icing sheet off the backing. I use a light coating of shortening to adhere and cut as if it were paper--just a lighter setting.
It's actually very easy

KCC Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KCC Posted 23 May 2010 , 4:01pm
post #5 of 5

I cut the sheets with the backing on. I used a regular sticky mat in my expression. HTH icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%