Edible Images On Chocolate

Decorating By bunky48 Updated 25 May 2010 , 8:04pm by bunky48

bunky48 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bunky48 Posted 21 May 2010 , 2:04pm
post #1 of 6

I have a request or a chocolate iced cake but they would also like their logo on it. How do the edible images work out on a chocolate cake I have always done mine on white.

Wanita

5 replies
DianeLM Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DianeLM Posted 21 May 2010 , 2:35pm
post #2 of 6

Your EI will have to be on a white background to show up properly. Roll a very thin sheet of white fondant or gumpaste, lightly moisten, apply the EI, then cut it out. Place on cake.

Rose_N_Crantz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rose_N_Crantz Posted 21 May 2010 , 2:51pm
post #3 of 6

Could you do a FBCT? That's another way around it incase the client doesn't want fondant.

But fondant would be the easier choice.

We get this a lot at the grocery store. But since we can't to FBCT or fondant, we have to just try talking them out of it or do it. My trainer would always tell people if we use chocolate buttercream, it's gonna look like your baby has a very dark tan in the picture. Not so cute for a first birthday!

bunky48 Posted 21 May 2010 , 3:11pm
post #4 of 6

These are great ideas thank you soooo much..... I will let you know the outcome. This was a last minute change for the cake...

Wanita

icingimages Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icingimages Posted 23 May 2010 , 1:52am
post #5 of 6

If you use the Premium Icing Sheets, they tend to hold the color well without having problems without the chocolate showing.

bunky48 Posted 25 May 2010 , 8:04pm
post #6 of 6

Thank you all. They were VERY happy with the cake. I did the fondant underneath the image and it was perfect, Thank you all for your ideas.

Wanita

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%