Harden Fondant???

Baking By kcepenney Updated 21 May 2010 , 3:48pm by winny01

kcepenney Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kcepenney Posted 21 May 2010 , 1:21pm
post #1 of 7

I made some fondant decorations yesterday but it has been so humid that they didn't get hard. I don't have AC so I was wondering if there was something I could do to make it hard faster????

6 replies
Tracy71 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tracy71 Posted 21 May 2010 , 1:33pm
post #2 of 7

I am not sure, but have you tried putting it in the refrigerator? Since you don't have an airconditioner, maybe that would help. I don't know for sure though. Good luck.

Ursula40 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ursula40 Posted 21 May 2010 , 1:37pm
post #3 of 7

did you add cmc or tylose, traganth?. It's so humid here at the moment I have to add it to fondant to cover a cake, no kidding

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 21 May 2010 , 1:39pm
post #4 of 7

Fondant isn't designed to get hard unless you let it air dry a long, long time. You have to add gum trag, tylose or CMC.

kcepenney Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kcepenney Posted 21 May 2010 , 1:58pm
post #5 of 7

Well usually I let it air dry but it is always hard by the next day. Didn't know you had to add stuff. Oh well. I am hoping it is hard enough to stand but we shall see.

CWR41 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CWR41 Posted 21 May 2010 , 2:08pm
post #6 of 7

A fan might help, a heat lamp, or put it in the oven with only the light on (make sure you tape a warning sign on the oven door while its in there so nobody preheats it without knowing you're drying something in it or they'll melt!)

winny01 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
winny01 Posted 21 May 2010 , 3:48pm
post #7 of 7

What is the gum trag? Is that the same as gum tex?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%