Can You Freeze Mmf? Any Special Instructions?

Decorating By HIPrincess Updated 24 May 2010 , 10:13pm by MessMaker

HIPrincess Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
HIPrincess Posted 21 May 2010 , 1:47am
post #1 of 7

I have some homemade MMF. Can you freeze fondant? Any special instructions to follow? Can you also freeze gumpaste?

6 replies
saapena Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
saapena Posted 21 May 2010 , 2:02am
post #2 of 7

I have never frozen MMF but have frozen MFF and gumpaste. I wrap it in a few layers of plastic wrap and then put it in a ziploc bag (squeeze out as much air as possible). I have never had a problem with it when I defrost it; however, I am only using the fondant for decorations.

HTH

leily Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leily Posted 21 May 2010 , 2:04am
post #3 of 7

why are you looking at freezing it?

Both stay good for quite awhile if stored in an airtight container (and wrapped in a bag or plastic wrap to keep all of the air off of them)

MnSnow Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MnSnow Posted 21 May 2010 , 2:19am
post #4 of 7

I have frozen MMF with success. Just wrap well getting all the air out and allow to thaw at room temp. Just as good as new icon_smile.gif

HIPrincess Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
HIPrincess Posted 24 May 2010 , 9:58pm
post #5 of 7

I made too much of a color and can't use it for months. I didn't want to keep it out for that long,that is why I want to freeze it. Thanks for all your great responses.

Texas_Rose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Texas_Rose Posted 24 May 2010 , 10:10pm
post #6 of 7

Put it in a freezer bag, or if you have a regular ziplock bag only, then after it's in the bag, wrap the bag with foil.

I always freeze my leftover MMF. It keeps it much fresher than the fridge.

MessMaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MessMaker Posted 24 May 2010 , 10:13pm
post #7 of 7

I coat mine with Criso, double wrap mine in glad cling wrap then place it in a zip-lock sealing airtight and place it in the cabinet, i dont refrigerate or freeze and it keep just fine.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%