Help! Need A "fruity Liquor" Flavored Cake.

Decorating By JustABite Updated 25 May 2010 , 2:44am by leily

JustABite Posted 21 May 2010 , 12:41am
post #1 of 8

I am just not coming up with anything creative here. Would love to hear your ideas!!!

Thanks so much.

7 replies
cdent Posted 23 May 2010 , 9:08pm
post #2 of 8

Oh man! Raspberry liquor (Chambord specifically) beaten into fresh frosting is HEAVEN!!! Especially on a chocolate cake...mmmmm

cakes47 Posted 23 May 2010 , 9:28pm
post #3 of 8

There are lots of different flavored liquours. Go to the liquor store and check
out the large selection. It's amazing!! Some you can even get in those
tiny individual bottles if you don't want the regular size.

nonilm Posted 23 May 2010 , 9:52pm
post #4 of 8

How about chambord mixed with raspberry jam used as a filling for chocolate cake? Or gran marnier with raspberry jam for lemon cake?

JustABite Posted 24 May 2010 , 2:09am
post #5 of 8

That sounds so good! I will be making that soon for sure! Thanks for the input.

leily Posted 24 May 2010 , 2:17am
post #6 of 8

not sure if you're looking for cake recipe or filling recipe. The chambord sounds delish though! have some in the fridge, just wish i could drink it icon_sad.gif

My sister-in-laws favorite drink is a BlueMaui and Pineapple. A couple years ago I made a Blue Maui cake with pineapple filling. I just used a whtie cake mix, substituted blue maui for the water and baked as usual. Then made a fresh pineapple filling. It was awesome.

I would imagine you could do cake like this with just about any flavor of alcohol.

cdent Posted 24 May 2010 , 3:24am
post #7 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by leily

not sure if you're looking for cake recipe or filling recipe. The chambord sounds delish though! have some in the fridge, just wish i could drink it icon_sad.gif

My sister-in-laws favorite drink is a BlueMaui and Pineapple. A couple years ago I made a Blue Maui cake with pineapple filling. I just used a whtie cake mix, substituted blue maui for the water and baked as usual. Then made a fresh pineapple filling. It was awesome.

I would imagine you could do cake like this with just about any flavor of alcohol.

Holy smokes, this sounds AMAZING!! I must try this!!

leily Posted 25 May 2010 , 2:44am
post #8 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdent

Holy smokes, this sounds AMAZING!! I must try this!!

I haven't had any alcohol since July 4th weekend of 2008 (been pregnant, nursing, and pregnant again) so I can not WAIT until next spring for my birthday (should be done nursing by then) and this is going to be my cake icon_smile.gif I don't drink very often (or very much when i do), but that cake was sooo good

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%