Custom Design Cupcake Pricing

Baking By lisamenz Updated 20 May 2010 , 8:22pm by apetricek

lisamenz Posted 20 May 2010 , 8:08pm
post #1 of 2

I am sure this has been discussed many times, or maybe you can lead me to the forum, so we won't have to go over it again, icon_rolleyes.gif but I do alot of wedding cakes and very few times have I been requested to do cupcakes, so my pricing there may be off. My base price for simple wedding cakes starts at $4.00 to $5.00 per person slice. I have over 15 years of doing cakes semi-professional. Now the cupcakes will be a custom design, haven't seen the art they want on it yet. I guess I am looking for a general starting point? Again thanks in advance. icon_lol.gif

1 reply
apetricek Posted 20 May 2010 , 8:22pm
post #2 of 2

ok here is my breakdown for what I charge...basic cupcake (icing and cake only)...$2.00
basic with basic filling...ex. mousse, or cupcake no filling and basic design $3.00
cupcake with filling and custom design, hand made items, fondant pieces, or fondant covering $4.00
I have heard and been told a few times that cupcakes are the equivilant to a serving of cake. So that is kind of what I always remember...sometimes those sweet little cupcakes take longer to make than a tiered cake for heaven's sakes! LOL...Hope this helps!

Quote by @%username% on %date%