Question For Fondarific Users

Decorating By sarah5008 Updated 20 May 2010 , 10:35pm by gemstone2404

sarah5008 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sarah5008 Posted 20 May 2010 , 5:33pm
post #1 of 4

I'm still new to fondant and had only used Wilton fondant for accents and to play with. I recently made a castle cake and wanted a better tasting fondant to cover the cake in. I ordered Fondarific.

It did taste good, but it was really soft and not as easy to work with. Does anyone who uses it have any best practices they use for covering cakes with it? I rolled it out using powdered sugar (not shortning). And it wasn't humid or hot in the room. Maybe I should have let it rest after I colored it before I began to roll it out?

Any suggestions are appreciated icon_smile.gif

3 replies
Sweet_Guys Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sweet_Guys Posted 20 May 2010 , 10:22pm
post #2 of 4

We don't use sugar for rolling unless it gets really humid here in central Florida. If you were kneading your fondant after you colored it, that might have softened it up too much.

Paul

Karen421 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Karen421 Posted 20 May 2010 , 10:29pm
post #3 of 4

How thin did you roll it out? I use either corn starch or Crisco to roll out, depending on the day, and what the fondarific is like.

gemstone2404 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gemstone2404 Posted 20 May 2010 , 10:35pm
post #4 of 4

I have to let mine sit after I color it. It heats up and gets really soft. I usually put mine in a sandwich bag and let it set awhile, then come back and knead it to get it softer. I really like Fondarific. Especially the buttercream flavor! YUM!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%