How Do I Convert Big Recipe To Small

Baking By mausman Updated 21 May 2010 , 8:55am by mausman

mausman Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mausman Posted 20 May 2010 , 2:18pm
post #1 of 5

Hiya

i have a 12 inch square recipe and i want it to be equal to 9 inch circle kindly tell me which formula to use and if anyone of you have a conversion chart of cake recipes from big quantity to small kindly do let me know

thanks

4 replies
minicuppie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
minicuppie Posted 20 May 2010 , 2:59pm
post #2 of 5

It would help to know how many cups of batter your recipe makes, as well as how many cups your pans hold.
I am tempted to advise you to make your recipe as it is written and bake up the extra batter (cuppie, smaller rounds or whatever) and just wrap the extras up in plastic and freeze. Then when you need a quick dessert, whip it out and there you are!

prterrell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
prterrell Posted 20 May 2010 , 3:14pm
post #3 of 5

As the PP stated, you convert down based on the amount of cups in the batter as the recipe is written and how many cups you need, not on the size of the pans.

Kima920 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kima920 Posted 20 May 2010 , 3:56pm
post #4 of 5
mausman Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mausman Posted 21 May 2010 , 8:55am
post #5 of 5

Thanks for the help but actually i amm looking for a certain formula as in the book of Cakes to inspire and desire a certain formula is given for converting small recipes into big one whether its a circle or pan but i am want to know that if u have a big pan recipe and wana convert it to small pan recipe then what should you do i am attaching the page of the book hope u guys can also have an idea as waht i mean

thank you
p.s you will hav to magnify the image to view the chart
LL

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%