Ugh! Having The Worst Time With This Cake!! Any Advice??

Decorating By Cranny Updated 22 May 2010 , 3:02pm by cheatize

madgeowens Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
madgeowens Posted 21 May 2010 , 3:02am
post #31 of 37

I use parchment paper every time, and do not wait for them to cool much, and turn them out, no problem. hth

cutthecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cutthecake Posted 21 May 2010 , 12:09pm
post #32 of 37

And that's why I never send my husband to the store without a cell phone and a DETAILED list. He's a really smart guy, but sometimes he calls me four or five times. It's comical! He's out of his element in a grocery store.

mbark Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mbark Posted 22 May 2010 , 12:14am
post #33 of 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthecake

And that's why I never send my husband to the store without a cell phone and a DETAILED list. He's a really smart guy, but sometimes he calls me four or five times. It's comical! He's out of his element in a grocery store.

IF I sent my hubby to the store this is exactly what I would do. Gotta love it, they're so smart in some areas but not in others- just like us I suppose!

madgeowens Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
madgeowens Posted 22 May 2010 , 2:28am
post #34 of 37

Anyone who has a husband that will go to the grocery store for them, is very lucky and should massage his feet haha or something

cheatize Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cheatize Posted 22 May 2010 , 3:03am
post #35 of 37

OP: what did you decide to do and how did it work for you?

Wax or parchment users: what's the purpose of spraying the pan under the waxed paper? I read about this method in tons of places but have never seen why you spray underneath the wax paper? In case some of the batter seeps underneath?

artscallion Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
artscallion Posted 22 May 2010 , 11:29am
post #36 of 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheatize

Wax or parchment users: what's the purpose of spraying the pan under the waxed paper? I read about this method in tons of places but have never seen why you spray underneath the wax paper? In case some of the batter seeps underneath?

I do it so the paper is flat against the pan, not curling up or down. That way no batter CAN seep underneath.

cheatize Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cheatize Posted 22 May 2010 , 3:02pm
post #37 of 37

Ah, that's makes perfect sense! I prefer using waxed over parchment for everything because of the expense and because the parchment always curls like crazy making it really aggravating to work with.
Thanks for the info!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%