Does Anyone Use The Stress Free Cake Supports?

Decorating By sweettreat101 Updated 22 May 2010 , 2:11pm by DianeLM

sweettreat101 Posted 20 May 2010 , 8:34am
post #1 of 3

I made a cake for a co worker three years ago and she wanted a stacked wedding cake that had to be transported over an hour away. As part of the payment I ordered two sets of the Stress free cake supports which cost me around 70.00 and they were awesome. I got to keep the supports once the wedding was over. I just ordered two different sizes of legs. Boy they are expensive but I'll tell you the cake traveled for over an hour and down a dirt road with pot holes and it didn't move at all. The groom actually transported the cake to the wedding. I was just wondering on the website they show a cake decorator using a ring of non slip material on top of the rings instead of frosting. Do they mean the non slop material you find in a roll next to the contact paper in the store. I am kind of afraid to use it. Do any of you ladies and gents use this between your cakes or should I stick with a ring of butter cream or royal frosting?

2 replies
karateka Posted 22 May 2010 , 1:18pm
post #2 of 3

I've used them with RI on the ring. I love them, too, they are fantastic. My favorite feature is the adjustable nature of the legs. It is a pain to collect an equipment deposit and get them back, but they are really great supports.

DianeLM Posted 22 May 2010 , 2:11pm
post #3 of 3

I once thought I'd be clever and glue a ring of non-slip material to the rings. Yeah, worked great until I had to CLEAN them! icon_smile.gif

I usually add a center dowel to my cakes anyway, so sometimes I don't put anything on the ring. I suppose that technically, you could spin the tier around, but thankfully that has never happened. icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%