How Long Can You Fridge A Cake For And...

Decorating By dalis4joe Updated 20 May 2010 , 1:29pm by dalis4joe

dalis4joe Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dalis4joe Posted 20 May 2010 , 5:43am
post #1 of 6

How long can you fridge a cake for and it still be good?

I had moved some things around in my fridge... and found 2 - 6 inch rounds (double wrapped in cling wrap... then in press and seal and bagged in a zip lock bag.... they are about 2 weeks old.... my question to you....

are they still good? or should I discard them? I never keep cakes that long in the fridge or freezer for that matter.... but I forgot I had baked these and I baked another 2 - 6 inch rounds and used them 2 weeks ago.... ( I knew or thought I had already baked those but I had a "dummy dummy" moment... ) I hate throwing food out, but I don't want to use something that will not be good after a certain amount of time...

TIA

5 replies
dalis4joe Posted 20 May 2010 , 11:31am
post #2 of 6

anyone? i know we have our mornin rounds by the experts... thought I'd give it a bumb icon_smile.gif

mamawrobin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mamawrobin Posted 20 May 2010 , 11:56am
post #3 of 6

dalis..with a housefull of teenagers nothing stays in my fridge that long icon_lol.gif so I'm not sure.

I do remember reading a post by someone that had an icied cake in their fridge for 10 days and it was still good.
If that's the case I'd say yes.

artscallion Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
artscallion Posted 20 May 2010 , 12:00pm
post #4 of 6

I say sacrifice one of them to find out for all of us. Then we'll all know for sure. And you may or may not have a tasty breakfast. icon_biggrin.gif

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 20 May 2010 , 12:51pm
post #5 of 6

I never ever refrigerate a cake, so I don't know. So much better to freeze them.

You're the guinea pig!

dalis4joe Posted 20 May 2010 , 1:29pm
post #6 of 6

hehehehe lol Leah...

mamawrobin... I have alse heard that a cake already made covered with BC can last for 1+ week on the fridge also... but haven't heard about a wrapped cake round... I will take them out... tort and let it come to room temp... then I will taste... and guess I will got form there lol...

thanks for your input !!! icon_smile.gif

I will let you know in a few hours lol

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%