Frostin' Pride / Bettercreme ?

Decorating By dm321 Updated 21 May 2010 , 9:46pm by leily

dm321 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dm321 Posted 20 May 2010 , 5:26am
post #1 of 5

Hello, all. Any advise on these products? Are they dry/powder? Are they liquid? Refrigerated? Just wondering where to begin looking for them at my local grocery icon_smile.gif

Thanks in advance!
~diem icon_lol.gif

4 replies
heycake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
heycake Posted 21 May 2010 , 8:19pm
post #2 of 5

They are liquid but usually kept in the freezer section. I have not heard of grocery stores carrying them. I think they are found at restaurant supplies. I've gotten it at Cash and Carry. Do they have those in Iowa?

Hopefully Melvira will see this post. She is the queen of Bettercreme. icon_smile.gif

sweettreat101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweettreat101 Posted 21 May 2010 , 8:48pm
post #3 of 5

Not sure if you have them out there but I purchase mine at a store called Smart n Final they also sell it in a large bucket at Sam's Club in the bakery.

CWR41 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CWR41 Posted 21 May 2010 , 9:30pm
post #4 of 5

If you have a Dairy Queen nearby, some stores will sell it. You may need to call ahead to preorder if they don't have enough in stock for themselves. They have 1 qt and 1 gallon size frozen liquid in vanilla or chocolate. (I believe the quart sells for $4.)

leily Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leily Posted 21 May 2010 , 9:46pm
post #5 of 5

I don't know how Frostin Pride comes (never used it) but Bettercreme either comes in a liquid form that you will need to whip up. Or it comes pre-whipped in a large 5 gallon bucket that is frozen. You can get Bettercreme from your local Sam's Club. Not sure where in Iowa you are though, otherwise might be able to send you somehwere else.

For the pre-whipped containers, when you purchase them I would make sure you specifically ask for a frozen bucket, i have heard of some people getting them thawed out or partially thawed out and having issues with them when taking them home (just guessing it wasn't stored properlly at the store)

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%