What Does It Mean To Tort A Cake?

Decorating By selfconclusion12 Updated 21 May 2010 , 1:50am by Loucinda

Jenny0730 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jenny0730 Posted 20 May 2010 , 4:40pm
post #31 of 46

Tort law is a body of law that addresses and provides remedies for civil wrongdoings not arising out of contractual obligations.

Sooooo, if the little kid next door trespasses onto my property, if I have a cake that has been torted, does that mean I am okay to throw it at him to get him off of my property?

costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 20 May 2010 , 5:01pm
post #32 of 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenny0730

Tort law is a body of law that addresses and provides remedies for civil wrongdoings not arising out of contractual obligations.

Sooooo, if the little kid next door trespasses onto my property, if I have a cake that has been torted, does that mean I am okay to throw it at him to get him off of my property?

Ha ha, Sure, as long as you don't misspell "torte" and assume that nobody else has ever lived outside of their native country! That would just make you ridiculous!

snowboarder Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
snowboarder Posted 20 May 2010 , 5:03pm
post #33 of 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by cakeville82

But Americans do know everything, in fact we know so much that we know that we know everything.
See there that's proof that we know everything, what more do you need, plus we invented the Internet so a thank you would be appreciated.

icon_biggrin.gif

floral1210 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
floral1210 Posted 20 May 2010 , 5:08pm
post #34 of 46

Have to agree with Smokey...best response to this whole thing since Indydeb's. It should have ended with her's 3 pages ago! LOL

mariana7842731 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mariana7842731 Posted 20 May 2010 , 5:11pm
post #35 of 46

oh yah, indy always knows the right thing to say i love her!!! she's my favorite person in this place. i hope i can make cakes like hers someday. i just need to stop practising so much!!

mim1106 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mim1106 Posted 20 May 2010 , 5:34pm
post #36 of 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by indydebi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chasey

It's great to have members from all over the planet giving their two cents, their culture, their tips on a hobby/career that binds us all together.

Heck yeah! It's how I learned what a "rellie" and a "tooter" was ('coz what *I* call a tooter ain't NUTHIN' like what Bluehue and our other Australian friends refer to as a "tooter"! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif )

LOL, I remember what a rellie is, but what in the world is a "tooter"?? Do I want to know?
I love that we have all different nationalities on this site. I have learned so much from everyone! Let's not hate!!

Chasey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Chasey Posted 20 May 2010 , 5:44pm
post #37 of 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by mim1106

Quote:
Originally Posted by indydebi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chasey

It's great to have members from all over the planet giving their two cents, their culture, their tips on a hobby/career that binds us all together.

Heck yeah! It's how I learned what a "rellie" and a "tooter" was ('coz what *I* call a tooter ain't NUTHIN' like what Bluehue and our other Australian friends refer to as a "tooter"! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif )

LOL, I remember what a rellie is, but what in the world is a "tooter"?? Do I want to know?
I love that we have all different nationalities on this site. I have learned so much from everyone! Let's not hate!!

It could be Ashton Kutcher's new social network, a shot in a test tube, short sounds coming from a horn or......... ???? Do tell, mates!!

Meowcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Meowcakes Posted 20 May 2010 , 5:55pm
post #38 of 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluehue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meowcakes

Wow. And they call Americans rude. I always like seeing the U.S. get attacked for our "know it all" attitude. Yet, when the worls needs help they don't seem to mind our "know it all" U.S. azzes coming through. And hey, this is an U.S. based forum. Don't come on here if you don't care for our "know it all" attitude.

LOLLLL - thought my post would make you appear - icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif
I'm not going to war with you on this one -
Last time was bad enough icon_wink.gif

Bluehue.-

I have no idea what your taking about. I just find it ironic that someone who starts a thread about "Let's change the tone of today" can be so judgemental, rude, and nasty. But hey, if you like to be a fan...

dalis4joe Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dalis4joe Posted 20 May 2010 , 7:55pm
post #39 of 46

Rachel Rae said that her famous EVOO is making it into the dictionary!!! so that goes to show you and as things are said...used... they eventually get added/revised....

Ohh I will be back... going to "leah_" my cake rounds for a cake due is weekend.... hehehehehehehehe

tiggy2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiggy2 Posted 20 May 2010 , 8:14pm
post #40 of 46

EVOO is another one that makes me want to pull my hair out. It's right up there with sammies. You'd think a grown woman could talk like one.

malakainrop Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
malakainrop Posted 20 May 2010 , 8:14pm
post #41 of 46

mmmmm - I just woke up!.........on the EAST COAST!! (the nicer side!) thumbs_up.gif

Yep that's right little Miss Bluehue...... I LIVE IN AUSTRALIA too!!!!!!!!!!!!! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

so guess that shoots down all your arguments! thumbsdown.gif

PinkZiab Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PinkZiab Posted 20 May 2010 , 11:57pm
post #42 of 46

I sooooo didn't see THAT coming! lol

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 21 May 2010 , 12:15am
post #43 of 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiggy2

EVOO is another one that makes me want to pull my hair out. It's right up there with sammies. You'd think a grown woman could talk like one.

I'm with you. And sorry to say, especially on here, that I also am not fond of the term "cuppies". icon_redface.gif But it's a common term on here, so no biggie. icon_wink.gif

On the flip side, my kids hate it when I refer to my snickerdoodles as "snicks"! icon_lol.gif

JohnnyCakes1966 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JohnnyCakes1966 Posted 21 May 2010 , 1:00am
post #44 of 46

EVOO wouldn't be so bad if she didn't ALSO say Extra Virgin Olive Oil every time! Either use the acronym or the full name...not both!! But, I guess she was trying to make it catch on and felt saying both was the way to make it happen. Anyway, that's the LEAST of what annoys me about RR!! tapedshut.gif

As for cuppies...c'mon Debi!!! It's cute!! icon_biggrin.gif BUT...I ONLY call my mini-cupcakes cuppies. thumbs_up.gif

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 21 May 2010 , 1:10am
post #45 of 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyCakes1966

Either use the acronym or the full name...not both!!

Kinda along those lines .... people who say "PIN NUmber". PIN stands for "personal identification number" so what they are saying is:

Personal Identification Number Number

aauuggghhhh!!!! icon_surprised.gif

Back to our regularly scheduled programming! icon_biggrin.gif

Loucinda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Loucinda Posted 21 May 2010 , 1:50am
post #46 of 46

Just an FYI - when most posts go the wrong direction, there is a common element - it may be by a new name, but those who have been here a while know.

To the new folks - you'll learn quickly who to ignore. thumbs_up.gif

BTW - google "torting a cake" - and see just how folks are using the term. icon_smile.gifthumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%