Added To Much Lemon Juice To Raspberry Filling?

Baking By selfconclusion12 Updated 21 May 2010 , 6:31pm by leily

selfconclusion12 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
selfconclusion12 Posted 20 May 2010 , 3:10am
post #1 of 4

I just made raspberry filling for the first time. It called for 2 tbsp of lemon juice. I may of added a bit to much because I can REALLY taste it. I still think it tastes great, but I am worried my customer will not like it.

I assume there is no way to really cancel out the lemon taste right? Does anyone know why the recipe would call for it anyway?

Thanks much icon_smile.gif

3 replies
lilrhodybaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lilrhodybaker Posted 21 May 2010 , 2:51pm
post #2 of 4

Was the filling recipe from CC??? or was it one of your own creations??? I'm looking to make a raspberry filling for the first time today, and I'm looking for a good recipe.

Did you already fill your cake? If not, then you can add more raspberry jam or maybe some powdered sugar to counteract the lemon taste.

Good Luck, and let us know about the recipe!

SandiOh Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SandiOh Posted 21 May 2010 , 5:03pm
post #3 of 4

Did you use fresh lemon? I don't think 2 Tbsp is all that much, plus lemon really brightens the flavor of the berries...If you like it, I'll bet your customer will too.

leily Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leily Posted 21 May 2010 , 6:31pm
post #4 of 4

I am guessing you used this recipe posted here on Cake Central.
http://cakecentral.com/recipes/2503/raspberry-filling

I use this one for all of my fruit fillings and i think it compliments the raspberries well. The raspberry one is a little tart for me anyways, but i get lots of compliments on it by customers and family (plain and in cakes)

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%