Problems With Mtc And Cricut Cake

Decorating By QueenOfSweets Updated 21 Aug 2010 , 6:20am by conchita

QueenOfSweets Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
QueenOfSweets Posted 20 May 2010 , 2:09am
post #1 of 8

I tried to use my Cricut Cake tonight with Make the Cut and have had problems. I was able to cut things successfully using the Cake Basics cartridge that came with the machine. However, when I try to cut something that I designed in MTC I get an error message that there were problems detected that need to be fixed: Unable to load drivers, Cutting mat is NOT loaded, and Cartridge is NOT loaded. But the Cake Basics cartridge is in and the mat is loaded.

I've gone through the steps of installing the drivers by going to Help-->Advanced-->Download and Install Drivers. It says it's installed, but it still doesn't recognize the machine. I looked in the Help forum on the MTC website and found a work around posted where you have to download the trial version of Cricut Design Studio and update firmware, but when it asks you to select your machine Cricut Cake isn't one of the choices so I can't continue to update firmware.

Have any of you had these problems before? Basically, my computer just won't recognize the Cricut when it's connected via USB. HELP!!!

7 replies
AXOCutie143 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AXOCutie143 Posted 20 May 2010 , 2:16am
post #2 of 8

This happened to me the first time I tried to use MTC too. I had to turn off the Cricut, unplug it from the computer, plug it in, and then turn it on. After awhile it finally recognized my Cricut. You're not alone!

metria Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
metria Posted 20 May 2010 , 2:19am
post #3 of 8

I'm sorry this is happening! Ok, maybe you can try this. If you download the demo for either ProvoCraft's DesignStudio or Craft Edge's SCAL, there's also a menu option in their programs to download the drivers. Try DesignStudio first, since that's actually by ProvoCraft.

I hope it works. *crosses fingers for you*

metria Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
metria Posted 20 May 2010 , 2:20am
post #4 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by AXOCutie143

This happened to me the first time I tried to use MTC too. I had to turn off the , unplug it from the computer, plug it in, and then turn it on. After awhile it finally recognized my . You're not alone!

yes! try power-cycling first.

Mattie1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mattie1 Posted 20 May 2010 , 2:25am
post #5 of 8

I had that problem too. Try re booting your computer, that should fix it.

AXOCutie143 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AXOCutie143 Posted 20 May 2010 , 2:37am
post #6 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattie1

I had that problem too. Try re booting your computer, that should fix it.

Yes, I'm pretty sure I had to do that too. It takes awhile, but it will connect eventually, and it is TOTALLY worth the wait icon_smile.gif

QueenOfSweets Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
QueenOfSweets Posted 20 May 2010 , 2:42am
post #7 of 8

Thank you all SO MUCH - You're the best! I just kept plugging, unplugging, rebooting, and finally it recognized it. I'm good to go now! I really appreciate your help!

conchita Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
conchita Posted 21 Aug 2010 , 6:20am
post #8 of 8

thumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%