Cupcake Fail!

Decorating By fsinger84 Updated 14 Jun 2010 , 11:42am by LindaF144a

steplite Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
steplite Posted 13 Jun 2010 , 3:29am
post #31 of 35

I'd be willing to bet my last dollar that those cupcakes had a DOUBLE sugar in them. Trust me....

LindaF144a Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LindaF144a Posted 13 Jun 2010 , 1:27pm
post #32 of 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by steplite

I'd be willing to bet my last dollar that those cupcakes had a DOUBLE sugar in them. Trust me....

Oooh interesting. Can you elaborate on what happens when you have too much sugar? Too much of a rise? This sounds intriguing.

steplite Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
steplite Posted 14 Jun 2010 , 4:06am
post #33 of 35

Too much sugar will crystalize and prevent the gluten from forming so the cake just falls. Too much sugar in cookies just makes them spread all over the place.

tweeter_bug98 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tweeter_bug98 Posted 14 Jun 2010 , 4:22am
post #34 of 35

Thanks for sharing both pictures. It shows that even amazing cake decorators (those cupcakes in the second picture look awesome!) have baking catastrophes in the kitchen as well. icon_smile.gif

LindaF144a Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LindaF144a Posted 14 Jun 2010 , 11:42am
post #35 of 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by steplite

Too much sugar will crystalize and prevent the gluten from forming so the cake just falls. Too much sugar in cookies just makes them spread all over the place.

Good to know. I took a second look at the photos. At first I thought it was in explosion. On second look I see it was a major fall or implosion.

I'm adding this tidbit to my baking notes. And I am revisiting a couple of recipes that I thought had too much sugar. While I didn't get that serious of a fallen cupcake, I didn't like that they didn't stay nicely mounded.
Thanks.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%