How Do I Know How Many Cups Of Batter 1 Recipe Will Yeild

Decorating By jenn31061 Updated 20 May 2010 , 2:12am by leily

jenn31061 Posted 20 May 2010 , 12:52am
post #1 of 4

how much batter will 1 recipe make - for box mixes and homemade poundcake recipes? Thanks I am realy struggling with larger cakes I have found some sites that tell me that the pans need 4 cups 8 cups.......well I do not know how many recipes I need to get that many cups..>>HELP

3 replies
tesso Posted 20 May 2010 , 12:56am
post #2 of 4

1 white duncan hines cake mix makes 5 cups. approx.

i get approx. 4 cups per chocolate cake box mix.

stawberry approx 4 1/2 cups.

Those are just my numbers, there are extenders for the recipes and I do not know how many cups per box they provide. sorry.

Hi, just noticed you were a very new "newbie" icon_biggrin.gif welcome to CC. you will love it here. and make sure you pay attention to the warning label about this website being addictive. !! icon_lol.gif

ptanyer Posted 20 May 2010 , 1:53am
post #3 of 4

Welcome to CC! You are gonna love it here icon_biggrin.gif

Everytime I make a new cake recipe (I bake from scratch - my personal preference) I measure all the batter before I put it in my pans to bake. I write it on the bottom of the recipe, and any other notes I might have about the recipe. I also add that info to my spreadsheets that I use to price my cakes.

Hope that helps!
Pam

leily Posted 20 May 2010 , 2:12am
post #4 of 4

how much a homemade recipe makes all depends on the recipe. Will probably have to make it once, measure how much is there and make a note of it.

As for box mixes.... Brand to brand will make different amounts of batter. and if you add stuff to it, it changes it also. And even different flavors within the same brand yield different amounts.

PB and BC seem to avg out to 4 cups
DH seems to avg out to 5 cups

These are from my personal experience. I use Chocolate, White, and yellow - And I know that the Cherry Chip from BC only makes 4-1/2 cups. with pudding and an extra egg added to it.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%