Wedding Cake Boards

Decorating By CakesbyCarla Updated 20 May 2010 , 2:37am by casme

CakesbyCarla Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakesbyCarla Posted 20 May 2010 , 12:02am
post #1 of 3

What do you guys do for wedding cake boards? I have my first wedding cake coming up (3 tier) and can't decide what to do.

I don't particularly like foil. I'd like something a little more creative and if possible want to incorporate some fabric or tulle.

I thought about covering a round piece of plywood with white fabric. Then covering the whole thing with a clear vinyl tablecloth and finish the edges by gluing on a ribbon around the outside edge.

I'd love to hear what you more experienced wedding cakers do. Thanks for your help.

2 replies
terrylee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
terrylee Posted 20 May 2010 , 12:19am
post #2 of 3

I have several mirrors and clear glass plates that I use....I put a cake board under the cake so not to scratch the mirror when cutting.......I don't like the foil either....though under the right circumstances it's OK.... The mirror and glass plates are 1/4" thick....a bit pricy to have made but worth the $$ but I'm sure to get a deposit to cover the cost of replacing it...

casme Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
casme Posted 20 May 2010 , 2:37am
post #3 of 3

You could use almost anything, if it is something you want back be sure to ask for a deposit they will get back when they return the base. (unharmed)

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%