Help! Does Anyone Make The Photo Sheets They Put On Cakes?

Decorating By dawnb60 Updated 21 May 2010 , 11:25am by icingimages

dawnb60 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dawnb60 Posted 19 May 2010 , 11:37pm
post #1 of 8

I have a request for a couple of photo's to be put on a graduation cake. does anyone know where I can get this done?? I don't want to buy equipment but sure am willing to pay someone to print these for me.

7 replies
klangl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
klangl Posted 19 May 2010 , 11:59pm
post #2 of 8

I have purchased a few from the local grocery stores (kroger, harps or price cutter), they are fairly inexpensive. Some of our locals stores are willing to sell their cake kits, buttercream and other supplies, sometimes it really helps out when I'm in a pinch.

kimblyd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kimblyd Posted 20 May 2010 , 12:00am
post #3 of 8

I get mine done at a local grocery store bakery for like $6 a sheet, it takes about 5 minutes. There are also places on-line, but not sure how long that takes.

HTH

leily Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leily Posted 20 May 2010 , 1:44am
post #4 of 8

Wal-mart or other grocery stores will typically do them.

Be forwarned, if either of the pictures are taken by a photographer they are copyrighted and you will need a written release to have them copied to an edible image. Most photographers will give a one time release for things like this. But if the store knows what they are doing, the will require the written permission.

Maureen1954 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Maureen1954 Posted 20 May 2010 , 1:54am
post #5 of 8

I have had them done at Sam's Club for $3.

msulli10 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
msulli10 Posted 20 May 2010 , 2:04am
post #6 of 8

I get mine done at Stop and Shop for $5. I think I'm their only customer... or at least, their best customer.

yummy_in_my_tummy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yummy_in_my_tummy Posted 20 May 2010 , 2:47am
post #7 of 8

Wow! You guys get some great deals on edible images! I have to pay $9!!

icingimages Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icingimages Posted 21 May 2010 , 11:25am
post #8 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by dawnb60

I have a request for a couple of photo's to be put on a graduation cake. does anyone know where I can get this done?? I don't want to buy equipment but sure am willing to pay someone to print these for me.

If you send me your zip code, I can see if I have any customer close to you that can print for you.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%