Pineapple Cake / Filling Recipe

Decorating By GuinnessTigger Updated 22 May 2010 , 1:47pm by apetricek

GuinnessTigger Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GuinnessTigger Posted 19 May 2010 , 10:43pm
post #1 of 7

I make the birthday cakes for my best friends two sons every year. Her boys get so excited about their cakes and start planning what they want months in advance.

Her youngest (who is also my godchild) requested a spongebob square pants cake. The top tier is going to be a pineapple. So, my friend thought it would be cute to do a pineapple flavored cake and/or filling. So, my first question is does anyone have a good pineapple cake recipe? Also, has anyone ever added pineapples to buttercream for a filing? I was thinking I could just lay some pineapples and caramel on the buttercream between the layers, but I'm not sure about the flavor combo. (I personally don't like pineapple, so that may be why I am questioning the flavor combo.) Any ideas from all the baking experts would be appreciated!

6 replies
Alery Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Alery Posted 19 May 2010 , 10:59pm
post #2 of 7

Really cute idea! I have taken the mermaid bakery's vanilla butter cake (in the recipe section here) and added some of the juice and pineapple from a can of crushed pineapple, then added the crushed pineapple to the buttercream, and the juice in place of the liquid in my buttercream, for the filling then just the juice, no crushed, for the buttercream I covered the cake in. It was really good, and I don't really like pineapple, my family loved it. It became a staple in my recipe box.
Good luck.

dm321 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dm321 Posted 19 May 2010 , 11:15pm
post #3 of 7

I used Anjuli's "Totally Yummy Pineapple Filling" in my Pineapple Right-Side-Up cake and it was a huge hit! icon_biggrin.gif Everyone loved it!

(Personally I'm weird about consistencies, so it's not something I would have chosen for myself - but I did taste it and the flavor was awesome. Just wouldn't make a meal out of it the way I so often want to with smooth fillings. icon_lol.gif Having said that - I will continue to use this filling because it went over so well with everyone else...)

Thanks,
diem

GuinnessTigger Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GuinnessTigger Posted 20 May 2010 , 12:23am
post #4 of 7

Thank you very much for the recipe ideas!

leily Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leily Posted 20 May 2010 , 1:40am
post #5 of 7

I did a blue maui cake with pineapple filling and used this filling recipe. I just substituted the frozen pineapple for the raspberries. Filling was awesome!

http://cakecentral.com/recipes/2503/raspberry-filling

dcarylmk Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dcarylmk Posted 22 May 2010 , 1:35pm
post #6 of 7

Just curious dm321 what recipe did you use for the Pineapple right side up cake. The filling sounds yummy!

apetricek Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
apetricek Posted 22 May 2010 , 1:47pm
post #7 of 7

I know I go to OASIS Supply....which is oasis supply dot com I know they have premade pineapple filling that is awesome...you can eat it with a spoon...It is about $6.00. I think global sugar has it as well...

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%