Not A Clue How To...

Baking By suz3 Updated 20 May 2010 , 12:20pm by KHalstead

suz3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
suz3 Posted 19 May 2010 , 10:03pm
post #1 of 7

client asked for shark chocolate chip cookie for her son's birthday. The only idea I have is to make a giant cookie, ice it to look like water and make fondant sharks to put on the top. Any other ideas????

6 replies
KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 19 May 2010 , 10:21pm
post #2 of 7

you could make it in the shape of a shark! I've baked large ones on pizza pans or in a cake pan and then when it comes out of the oven use a sharp knife and a template and cut to shape.

There is a recipe for a cut out chocolate chip cookie as well at karenscookies.com or something like that

Here ya go:

http://www.karenscookies.net/Cookie-Decorating-Recipes_ep_68-1.html#recipe08

I've heard good things on CC about this recipe, though I haven't personally tried it!

suz3 Posted 19 May 2010 , 10:32pm
post #3 of 7

Did you do a shark? Do you have a picture, if you did?

GeminiRJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GeminiRJ Posted 20 May 2010 , 1:48am
post #4 of 7

I've made that recipe, and the cookies are delicious! If it were me, I'd google some shark clip art. Come up with a design you like, make a template, and go!

yummy_in_my_tummy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yummy_in_my_tummy Posted 20 May 2010 , 1:59am
post #5 of 7

Does she want one big cookie, or does she want a bunch of shark cookies? If she wants a bunch of cookies, you could ice each cookie to look like water. Then on 1/2 of them, put a fondant or gumpaste shark fin, and on the other half, you could put gumpaste/fondant shark jaws coming out of the water.

It might be more work than you wanted to do but that's what I imagine icon_smile.gif

suz3 Posted 20 May 2010 , 12:18pm
post #6 of 7

One BIG cookie

KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 20 May 2010 , 12:20pm
post #7 of 7

no, I didn't do a shark...............do like Gemini suggested and get some clipart. I think it would be cool to make a HUGE shark cookie, like one that would fill up a cookie sheet. Make sure you've got it on a cake board though so it doesn't break when you pick it up!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%