Cake For An Older Brother- Help!

Decorating By rkei Updated 30 May 2010 , 7:38pm by njoycakes

rkei Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rkei Posted 19 May 2010 , 7:37pm
post #1 of 3

My brother's birthday's in a bit, and I want to decorate him a cake... but....
Last year, I made him a cake that had gram cracker jumps, a sporty car jumping one of them, and some really good trees made out of kit kats and icing. He's really into mechanics, dirt bikes, four wheeler's and engines. I'm not very good, so I would like something a begginer could do. Oh, he's sixteen, so a kiddie think wouldn't work to well. icon_smile.gif Thanks. Rachel

2 replies
hollyml Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hollyml Posted 21 May 2010 , 8:02am
post #2 of 3

A toolbox? Lots of examples in the gallery...it's basically a rectangle so a good "beginner" choice for a sculpted cake. Just do mechanics' tools on/around it instead of woodworking tools.

A car tire...kind of the same idea but round instead of rectangular. icon_smile.gif Or a battery?

If you'd rather do a sheet cake with decorations on top, you could use a chocolate mold to make wrenches and other tools. A chocolate-covered Oreo cookie makes a good car tire; you just pipe the wheel/hubcap on in the middle.

There are lots of dirt bike cakes in the gallery too, all sorts of different styles.

njoycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
njoycakes Posted 30 May 2010 , 7:38pm
post #3 of 3

I was going to suggest a toolbox too. I'm a beginner myself and a toolbox was my 4th fondant cake. It was time consuming making the tools but straight forward enough to do.
I made a madeira cake in a square tin, cut in half and stacked it.
Good luck!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%