An Agbay Allegory

Decorating By auntbeesbaking Updated 20 May 2010 , 2:04am by leah_s

auntbeesbaking Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
auntbeesbaking Posted 19 May 2010 , 6:25pm
post #1 of 6

I got my used Agbay Cake Leveler from eBay and I'm IN LOVE! I USED to think I could "make do" with the large leveler I was using from a certain company but I was so frustrated, I didn't even want to waste a 50% off coupon from Michael's or Jo-Anns to get another one!

So, to those of you who want to know if it's really worth it, maybe this will help or convince you as I needed to be:

Any other cake leveler compared to an Agbay is like a hand mixer compared to a Kitchen Aid (or other stand mixer). If those aren't in "cake terms" you can comprehend, I don't have words to convince you! icon_lol.gif

Now, if I could only "convince" myself Leah's passion for the support system is worth more punch biopsies (that's how I paid for my Agbay - research studies for U of M for money!) I do have my son's wedding Aug. 7th so maybe I could justify it!

Happy Hump Day! icon_smile.gif

5 replies
Mrs-A Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mrs-A Posted 19 May 2010 , 10:31pm
post #2 of 6

heheheheh - nice post! im only a newbie hobby baker but i finally used my agbay for the first time yesterday and wow, it just sliced thru that baby and the stainless steel measurements ruler on both sides and the guard blade - these people thought of everything when they designed it!

enjoy!

raquel1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
raquel1 Posted 19 May 2010 , 10:45pm
post #3 of 6

I want one sooo bad icon_cry.gif I've been trying to make do with the large leveler you were talking about ... and it almost ruined my last cake, it came out crooked! I don't know how it happened, it was on the same level on both sides, thank goodness I leveled it with icing. Well, I'm going to see if I can return it before I forget what a piece of junk it is and use it again.

ptanyer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ptanyer Posted 19 May 2010 , 10:53pm
post #4 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by auntbeesbaking

Now, if I could only "convince" myself Leah's passion for the support system is worth more punch biopsies (that's how I paid for my Agbay - research studies for U of M for money!) I do have my son's wedding Aug. 7th so maybe I could justify it!

Believe me when I say that the SPS system that Leah's supports and highly recommends is worth every penny you pay for it, and it's really not expensive at all icon_smile.gif

I used it for my niece's 7 tier wedding cake (photo in my gallery) last May and it was so secure that I didn't worry for one minute when it was all stacked and the venue had to move it 3 times (for one reason or another). Check the prices against what you would pay for the Wilton stuff that can slip and slide and you will see that it's not much money to pay for strong support.

I use it now for all my cakes now and calculate the price into the cost of the cakes for my clients.

You won't be sorry one bit for buying it.

HTH's
Pam

auntbeesbaking Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
auntbeesbaking Posted 20 May 2010 , 1:55am
post #5 of 6

Pam,

Your cake was gorgeous! In fact, I already had it on my favorites! You may have convinced me! I may have to look into more "studies."

Thanks for your email!

God Bless! icon_smile.gif

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 20 May 2010 , 2:04am
post #6 of 6

Yaknow, SPS for a four tier cake costs something in the neighborhood of $17.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%