Quilting

Decorating By cakegirl71 Updated 20 May 2010 , 11:58am by katies_cakes

cakegirl71 Posted 19 May 2010 , 6:13pm
post #1 of 4

I have seen the quilting done on a lot of cakes on CC and I would like to know how to do this.I am new to cake decorating so I have a lot to learn. icon_smile.gif

3 replies
joyfullysweet Posted 19 May 2010 , 6:20pm
post #2 of 4

I know there is a post on here somewhere with pics, but I'll explain it the best I can. The easiest way is on a fondant covered cake, however it can be done in buttercream.

Cut a large triangle out of cardboard (or use a plastic one). Stand the triangle up next to your cake, and follow the slanted edge with the tool you are using (I have the plastic "pizza cutter" type tool from Wilton, it's a ribbon cutter I believe?). Then one inch after that line, do another one and so on around your cake. Next flip your triangle over, and repeat going the opposite way.

I sure hope this makes sense. I do know there is a post on here somewhere with pictures!

joyfullysweet Posted 19 May 2010 , 6:26pm
post #3 of 4

Aha! Found it. There's even a link to the tool I was talking about.
http://cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-679490-quilt.html+pattern+triangle

katies_cakes Posted 20 May 2010 , 11:58am
post #4 of 4

iv just bought a patchwork cutter for quilting, i havent used it yet so im not sure how good it is but it seems alot simpler then some of the other ways

HTH

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%