Refrigerate A Finished Fondant Cake???

Decorating By CreativeCrinda Updated 19 May 2010 , 9:49pm by CreativeCrinda

CreativeCrinda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CreativeCrinda Posted 19 May 2010 , 4:39pm
post #1 of 7

Am I to refrigerate a finished fondant cake or leave it out???
my filling is a mouse filling made out of heavy whipping cream so wasn't sure if i can leave this cake out or put it in the refrigerator... icon_biggrin.gif

6 replies
CakesbyOma Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakesbyOma Posted 19 May 2010 , 5:01pm
post #2 of 7

I've done this in the past - however, when you take it out of the fridge, put it in a cardboard box while it comes to room temperature. That way if there is any moisture, the cardboard will absorb it and you won't get tiny little dots on your cake.

mamawrobin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mamawrobin Posted 19 May 2010 , 5:24pm
post #3 of 7

You should refrigerate. thumbs_up.gif I don't like to refrigerate my cakes so I don't use perishable fillings.

Shawnswife Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Shawnswife Posted 19 May 2010 , 7:43pm
post #4 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by CakesbyOma

I've done this in the past - however, when you take it out of the fridge, put it in a cardboard box while it comes to room temperature. That way if there is any moisture, the cardboard will absorb it and you won't get tiny little dots on your cake.

This is exactly what I do, and it works great!

p.s. @ cakesbyOma- your name made me smile and brought back such fond memories... there was NOTHING better than "Kaffee und Kuchen" at my Oma's house! icon_biggrin.gif

Musings9 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Musings9 Posted 19 May 2010 , 7:55pm
post #5 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by CakesbyOma

Thanks for the tip CakesbyOma. thumbs_up.gif

linstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
linstead Posted 19 May 2010 , 7:56pm
post #6 of 7

there was another post on this subject a while back. Suggest you buy some Polar Fresh dehumidifiers. They work really well (I am on my first one). They cost $30 for one years supply and include two crisper drawer packets (which really help keep the fruits and veggies crisp!). I have a modeling chocolate covered (dummy) in the frig right now and the stickiness that usually comes from having in the frig is greatly reduced. Keeping fondant covered cake in a box too while in the frig helps. But check out those Polar Fresh filters. Well worth the $$$ I think.

CreativeCrinda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CreativeCrinda Posted 19 May 2010 , 9:49pm
post #7 of 7

thank you so much for your answers. this helped me so much.

thanks again... icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%