Airbrushing Chocolate Candy Melts ?(Cake Order For Fri! )

Decorating By BarbieAnnPlaysWithHerFOOD Updated 21 May 2010 , 12:33am by brgrassmyer

BarbieAnnPlaysWithHerFOOD Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BarbieAnnPlaysWithHerFOOD Posted 19 May 2010 , 11:29am
post #1 of 4

I made some flames that will be standing up, 3 dimentionally, out of yellow chocolate candy melts ( i normally use Merkins, but used Wlton this time ) and want to airbrush lightly around the edges with red... I only have the Americolor Airbrush colors...
can this be done?
I did a search online and got inconclusive information about this..
I saw some stunning airbrushed flames that were also made from the wilton melts on a blog- but the author didnt specify what she used when she airbrushed- but she clearly said that she used her airbrush !
this cake is due friday afternoon and I need to finish the flames no later than thurs! help help help!

( i use dry colors mixed with corn syrup to paint chocolate, .. Has anyone ever coated some chocolate melts with corn syrup and THEN used airbrush after the corn syrup dries? I know this can be used to creat a non greasy surface to blush candy clay figures with petal dusts without it looking streaky and blotchy.. but unsure with airbrush and regular ol' chocolate melts )...

3 replies
brgrassmyer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
brgrassmyer Posted 19 May 2010 , 11:58am
post #2 of 4

Yes it can be done. I don't do anything special tp the chocolate. I use Americolor and just make sure I don't get too close( color beads) and then make sure and let dry before moving. This cake I used white chocolate and airbrushed the shells and coral. After the pieces were on the cake, I airbrushed again with pearl sheen. HTH
LL

BarbieAnnPlaysWithHerFOOD Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BarbieAnnPlaysWithHerFOOD Posted 19 May 2010 , 2:19pm
post #3 of 4

THANK You so much for your reply!!!!!!!! how long did you let it dry before handling and placing on the cake? by the way, your cake is GORGEOUS!

brgrassmyer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
brgrassmyer Posted 21 May 2010 , 12:33am
post #4 of 4

Thank you. I waited 10 minutes or so to handle each piece. HTH

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%