Brick Effect On Fondant

Decorating By hmurphy4 Updated 20 May 2010 , 12:22am by hmurphy4

hmurphy4 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hmurphy4 Posted 19 May 2010 , 2:46am
post #1 of 7

Anyone have any suggestions for a brick effect for fondant if you don't have a imprint mat?
I have a HOUSE to do for Friday & am struggling!
Thanks!

6 replies
weirkd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
weirkd Posted 19 May 2010 , 2:52am
post #2 of 7

You might try something around the house that you can use. Or you could also make a stencil and use that. Other than that the only thing I could think of is a butter knife and a ruler to do it by hand. Some of the things that you might have like my George Forman grill has these plates that come out which could be used. Also, a slotted spatula or spoon might be able to accomplish it. But I definetly would play around first before you do the actual cake. If none of those work, a trip to Michaels and a rubber stamp could do the trick!!

DeeDelightful Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DeeDelightful Posted 19 May 2010 , 2:59am
post #3 of 7

My local Michael's is now selling Duff's cake decorating tools. He has a brick patterned impression mat and one with a line pattern for about $5. They come two to a pack. Yes, without the impression mat, i'd also suggest the ruler/knife and do it by hand.

HipnotiqGlamour Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
HipnotiqGlamour Posted 19 May 2010 , 3:00am
post #4 of 7

Actually Michaels has one made by Duff its a two pack its brick and wood grain in one pack for $5.99 then if you use your 40% off coupon even cheaper haha

hmurphy4 Posted 19 May 2010 , 3:01am
post #5 of 7

thanks.. I'll check out Michaels tomorrow!

nancyg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nancyg Posted 19 May 2010 , 3:07am
post #6 of 7

I also found a few really neat foam type mats....but, they work for impression mats in the area where they have train supplies.

You know the phony trees etc for railroad displays.....Mine had some neat mats for making these displays. Stone etc. and they were really cheap

hmurphy4 Posted 20 May 2010 , 12:22am
post #7 of 7

I found the brick impression mat at Michaels... thanks everyone!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%