Tie Dyed Look For Cupcakes!!

Baking By SnugglePie Updated 19 May 2010 , 11:56am by tmac670

SnugglePie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SnugglePie Posted 19 May 2010 , 2:38am
post #1 of 6

I am going to be making and decorating some cupcakes this week and they do not really care what they look like so I thought I would try to do some that look tie dyed. Would I just do the bag striping with multiple colors to get this look? I've never tried it but I am looking forward to seeing the results.

5 replies
Bluehue Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bluehue Posted 19 May 2010 , 8:03am
post #2 of 6
donnella2045 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
donnella2045 Posted 19 May 2010 , 10:16am
post #3 of 6

I stripe my bag with gel colors. Use a small amount of icing because you will need to switch off bags to keep the colors vibrant.

mysweetconfetions Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mysweetconfetions Posted 19 May 2010 , 11:19am
post #4 of 6

When I did these I just lobbed different colors of icing into a large pastry bag and piped away...HTH
(Hope the pics attached)

mysweetconfetions Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mysweetconfetions Posted 19 May 2010 , 11:31am
post #5 of 6

Guess they didn't...let's try this again...
LL
LL

tmac670 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tmac670 Posted 19 May 2010 , 11:56am
post #6 of 6

mysweetconfetions- LOVE that blue and lime!! Beautiful!

I like to make tie dyed icing by adding spoonfuls of different icing colors in the bag- not really striping it per sey that was one color ends and the next one gradually starts- if I want the color to vary a lot- I just alternate several spoonfuls- like spoonful of yellow, spoonful of blue... green, purple, yellow, blue, green, yellow etc-- I fill the bag by cuffing a bag over a cup and just dropping the spoonfuls in- when I squeeze out the icing the colors are more random that way.
This is a long explanation for a simple process- sorry about that- I'm a visual learner- so I gotta explain it like I see it in my head.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%