Cake For Charity! Need Ideas For 5 Yr Old Girl!

Decorating By leespriss410 Updated 18 May 2010 , 9:43pm by cricket0616

leespriss410 Posted 18 May 2010 , 5:48pm
post #1 of 3

I am making a cake in a week or so as a last minute opportunity for charity. I don't have any ideas of what to do though. It is for a 5 yr old little girl, who is the youngest to run this 5k charity mile race for breast cancer. I was thinking of a pink and white glittery tennis shoe, but I have no idea of how to go about doing it. Other than that, I have no ideas about the little girl. Any ideas? Please help!

2 replies
sherrywarf Posted 18 May 2010 , 9:31pm
post #2 of 3

I think it would be really cool for you to do a "Shoebox" cake for her. The cake would be completely the "shoebox". Ice it in buttercream, smooth, add strips fondant along the top to make the shoebox lid, add a label on the side, and Make a label for the top. You could even use her name as the "designer".
Make the tennis shoe out of gumpaste and sit in front. I love the idea of it being pink and glittery. To make the shoe, if you don't know how, look up the baby converse shoe on here and just expand the design to be big enough to "fit" her. I know my 6 year old would get a kick out of a cake like that. Just my idea and I think its great that you are doing it for charity. Good Luck and Happy Caking![/i]

cricket0616 Posted 18 May 2010 , 9:43pm
post #3 of 3

How about this one. I saved it for the next relay for life event we have. Girlie, cute and cuppies.

Quote by @%username% on %date%