My Mom Tripped Over The Dog.

Decorating By LisaMarie86 Updated 18 May 2010 , 9:44pm by GI

LisaMarie86 Posted 18 May 2010 , 5:45pm
post #1 of 3

This weekend I made my first tiered cake and it was the first time Id covered a cake in fondant or even worked with it at all. It all went pretty smoothly. Oh it was also the first time Id used my new cricut cake. (I do not like the frosting sheets) I made a cake for my cousins bridal shower that my mom, aunts, and I threw. They all loved the cake and I was really proud of it as well. Well that evening all the husbands and another cousin came over for a birthday party. When my mom was carrying the remains of the cake for anyone who might of wanted a slice she tripped over the dog and cake and cake board went flying. It was horrible she is bruised up pretty bad and is super sore. Well the cake lands on the living room chair and since it was covered in fondant it just needed flipped over and no huge mess to clean up. It even stayed together and the tiers didnt come apart. Im just glad my mom didnt seriously hurt herself. She was so worried aout the cake and I didnt even care about it just her.

2 replies
2SchnauzerLady Posted 18 May 2010 , 6:02pm
post #2 of 3

So sorry your Mom was injured, thankfully just bruised, but good thing the cake landed on the fondant, so easy to cleanup. I always have to watch out for my 2 little dogs, they like to help, and by helping, I mean they stay close to my feet! I have stumbled over them, but haven't fallen.

GI Posted 18 May 2010 , 9:44pm
post #3 of 3

Awe shucks, but it sounds like the cake was salvagable. I'm sorry for your mom. Falling is no-fun-at-all!!!! ouch.gif I hope she took 2 advil and called it a night! icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%