Whats A Nice Way Of Telling People.....

Decorating By Dreme Updated 18 May 2010 , 9:43pm by prterrell

Dreme Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Dreme Posted 18 May 2010 , 5:44pm
post #1 of 5

to go to my site and fill out the order form? I'm starting to get too many inquires outside of the order form. I get pm's on fb, emails not from the form, and phone calls while im at my other job during the day. I can't help them if they don't follow directions. Just a lil frustrated.

I don't know what to say without sounding mean or like they did something wrong.

4 replies
newmansmom2004 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
newmansmom2004 Posted 18 May 2010 , 6:01pm
post #2 of 5

Can you simply tell them that all orders are processed via the form on your website and if they don't fill out the form their order may not get received? Even if they call you, simply say something like "I'd be very happy to discuss your cake. However, I'm currently only taking orders via the website so if you'd be kind enough to go to (your website here) and fill out the form, I'll go over all of the information and call you to discuss it."

Ha ha - had to edit. Didn't realize there was really a website called whatever dot com!

UpAt2am Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
UpAt2am Posted 18 May 2010 , 6:02pm
post #3 of 5

i would say something along the lines of:
"Thank you for your inquiry! Please take a moment to fill out this form, as i don't take an order without a completed form. This form is for the benefit of both you and me, with all requests being able to be seen and reviewed in black and white. This form helps to reduce confusion with major and minor details and helps to leave no stone unturned in this cake process! You get the exact cake you ordered! Thank you for your cooperation regarding this matter."

Dreme Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Dreme Posted 18 May 2010 , 6:13pm
post #4 of 5

Thanks! I like both suggestions.

prterrell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
prterrell Posted 18 May 2010 , 9:43pm
post #5 of 5

I'd type up a standard response that you can save and then use as a reply to PMs and Emails. I'd also use the info as the greeting on your voicemail...something like:

"Hi, you've reached Dreme. Sorry I'm not available to take your call right now. If you're calling to inquire about a cake, please {insert directions here}. I am currently only quoting via web inquires. If you're not calling about a cake, please leave your message after the beep. Thank you and have a great day!"

People will still leave a VM asking about cake, because not everyone listens to the greeting or follows directions, but it will hopefully cut down on the number of people doing that.

I'd print up business cards (you can get basic ones for free at vistaprint dot com) with your website info, if you don't have them already, to hand to people who ask in person.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%