Working With A Pre-Made Iced Cake......

Decorating By plainjanes Updated 19 May 2010 , 1:29am by plainjanes

plainjanes Posted 18 May 2010 , 4:32pm
post #1 of 5

I am attending a birthday party/family reunion on the california coast. The resort forbids bringing in outside food so they MUST supply the cake.

I was thinking I could get them to make a simple sheet cake with white buttercream and that I could just toss some gumpaste flowers on it.

I am at a loss as to how to make this look great (and not like a sheet cake with flowers thrown at it) There will be very little assembly time available for it.

I am flying to this event, so i will have to carry all the premade flowers on my lap (and through customs)

I will have a kitchen available to me prior to the event, but time and supplies will be limited. (i could possibly make buttercream and sneak this and a piping bag into the resort)

any ideas on how i could make this look great?

4 replies
prterrell Posted 18 May 2010 , 10:34pm
post #2 of 5

Honestly, given that situation, I would just let the resort handle the cake. That way you don't have that stress on you and you can relax and enjoy the trip.

Montrealconfections Posted 18 May 2010 , 10:48pm
post #3 of 5

I have to agree about leaving it to them but if you really want to do it what about having them make cupcakes? You could make flowers or small fondant discs to add to them, the place must have a cute tower to display them on.

Christina222 Posted 18 May 2010 , 11:09pm
post #4 of 5

I have to agree with the others. Let them do the cake. Seems like alot of stress for something that you will only have a small part of. Relax and enjoy the party =)

plainjanes Posted 19 May 2010 , 1:29am
post #5 of 5

mercy...i knew there was a reason i asked this question...just wasnt expecting such wisdom. Thanks!

you are a smart smart group of cake people.

~unpacking cake stuff~
~repacking more sandals~

Quote by @%username% on %date%