Sexual Harassment?

Business By sweetlayers Updated 19 May 2010 , 3:26pm by mbark

sweetlayers Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetlayers Posted 18 May 2010 , 4:18pm
post #1 of 13

Here is the short....

A corporate client has requested a cake for an employee who just graduated with a degree in nursing and wants a "sexy nurse" drawn on it.

I'm not into "nudey" cakes and can easily make it more cutesy than "sexy", but I just don't want the recipient to take offense since this a cake from her male boss but made by my company.

What do you think? Am I over-reacting?

12 replies
cakesdivine Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesdivine Posted 18 May 2010 , 4:23pm
post #2 of 13

make the cake they may actually be more involved personally than just boss and employee. You are simply filling an order for a customer, nothing more. Any moral dilimma is on his head not yours.

tonedna Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tonedna Posted 18 May 2010 , 4:28pm
post #3 of 13

I wouldnt worry about it, is the person who's ordering the one you have to satisfy
Edna icon_smile.gif

tiggy2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiggy2 Posted 18 May 2010 , 4:30pm
post #4 of 13

Way over reacting! Doesn't sound like a "nude" cake was requested. If you don't feel you can deliver what the client wants then decline the order and move on. It's not up to you to judge how anyone will or will not react. You don't know them or their realtionship.

dreamacres Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dreamacres Posted 18 May 2010 , 4:30pm
post #5 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by cakesdivine

make the cake they may actually be more involved personally than just boss and employee. You are simply filling an order for a customer, nothing more. Any moral dilimma is on his head not yours.

If someone was depicting something I accomplished I sure would not want them to picture me larger or ugly. LOL Don't think it out so much and have fun with the cake

dchockeyguy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dchockeyguy Posted 18 May 2010 , 4:38pm
post #6 of 13

Honestly, if this WERE going to fall under sexual harrassment, you wouldn't be to blame. So don't worry if you're thinking you'll get sued. You'll be fine.

Jenny0730 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jenny0730 Posted 18 May 2010 , 4:44pm
post #7 of 13

The HR girl in me is cringing but you have nothing to worry about.

sweetlayers Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetlayers Posted 18 May 2010 , 5:48pm
post #8 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenny0730

OK, so I went to lunch just now and when I came back I got an e-mail that said the boss decided to nix the "sexy nurse" idea and just wants something "medical" instead. I guess his HR department was cringing too! icon_eek.gif

Anyone know how to make a stethoscope? (pardon my spelling)

newmansmom2004 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
newmansmom2004 Posted 18 May 2010 , 6:03pm
post #9 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by cakesdivine

Yep - I agree.

rosiecast Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rosiecast Posted 18 May 2010 , 6:28pm
post #10 of 13

Hi Sweetlayers- There are lots of great medical/nursing cakes in the gallery. I'm making one for my DH who's graduating this weekend from nursing school.

Glad the moral dilemma solved itself. LOL

CookieMeister Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CookieMeister Posted 18 May 2010 , 7:03pm
post #11 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetlayers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenny0730

OK, so I went to lunch just now and when I came back I got an e-mail that said the boss decided to nix the "sexy nurse" idea and just wants something "medical" instead. I guess his HR department was cringing too! icon_eek.gif

Anyone know how to make a stethoscope? (pardon my spelling)

Yeah, I'd say HR stepped up! I'm in HR too, and I was cringing on your post because the HR person is not a good idea! and the caker in me says not your problem.

Kayakado Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kayakado Posted 19 May 2010 , 3:13pm
post #12 of 13

How about Betty Boop or Minnie Mouse posed as a sexy nurse, they are kind of sexy but I am not sure they'd be considered too sexy

mbark Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mbark Posted 19 May 2010 , 3:26pm
post #13 of 13

I just made a stethoscope on my nurse's graduation cake & it's super easy! Just rolled ropes of fondant, made little ear buds, and circle cutters for the hearing device. check out my photo & let me know if you have any questions.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%