Truck Cake Request! Help!

Decorating By brensmom12 Updated 20 May 2010 , 12:30am by insertft

brensmom12 Posted 18 May 2010 , 2:43pm
post #1 of 4

I have a request for a truck cake (Ford Ranger) and need some advice. I was thinking about making the truck out of RKT and placing it on another cake. Any thoughts???

3 replies
LilaLoa Posted 18 May 2010 , 2:59pm
post #2 of 4

You could make the RKT truck, or you could use EI on the side of a tiered cake, or cut out silhouettes of it and put on the side or top of a cake, or you could build a 3D truck. What kind of cake do they want? Tiered, sheetcake or 3D?

brensmom12 Posted 18 May 2010 , 3:36pm
post #3 of 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avalyn

You could make the RKT truck, or you could use EI on the side of a tiered cake, or cut out silhouettes of it and put on the side or top of a cake, or you could build a 3D truck. What kind of cake do they want? Tiered, sheetcake or 3D?

They just requested a cake with a truck on it. I was thinking about doing a BCT if the RKT didn't work out. The cake is due on the 29th so I have a little time to brain storm. Thanks!

insertft Posted 20 May 2010 , 12:30am
post #4 of 4

I made this for my son, it was more fun than a cake with a truck on it. Double layer, carved front, wasn't hard at all! This was the first attempt at fondant, and our first creative cake period! We've learned a lot since then.

Sorry, I tried to add it, but too many pixels, I do have it in my photos!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%