Spray Can Pancake Batter!

Lounge By mellormom Updated 29 May 2010 , 10:52pm by mellormom

mellormom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mellormom Posted 18 May 2010 , 1:36pm
post #1 of 17

I saw this on unwrapped last night. I can't remember the name of it but it was pancake/waffle batter in a spray can. (organic too) How cool is that! LOL You can make the pancakes into any shape you want now. icon_smile.gif The best part is they are organic so it doesn't have all the bad stuff in it like most instant things. I'll have to try it one of these days. Assuming they have it at my super market.
Jen...

16 replies
mim1106 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mim1106 Posted 18 May 2010 , 2:48pm
post #2 of 17

I saw it at Kroger last Friday....I thought "How Weird"!!! I didn't buy one though.

KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 18 May 2010 , 4:10pm
post #3 of 17

would be cool to just have pancake batter on hand all the time too!!

How much does it cost?

http://www.batterblaster.com/

TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 18 May 2010 , 4:34pm
post #4 of 17

KH, I make a homemade one that is super easy and I bet you have all the stuff for it in your kitchen all the time, except maybe one item. icon_smile.gif

KHalstead Posted 18 May 2010 , 6:46pm
post #5 of 17

do share Texas!!!!!

TexasSugar Posted 18 May 2010 , 7:10pm
post #6 of 17

I got this recipe online years ago.

1 cup flour
1 t baking powder
1/2 t baking soda
1/4 t salt
1 large egg
1 cup buttermilk
2 T honey

They freeze well already made up.

You can also mix the dry items together in a bag and then pull that out when you are ready to use it. I've done that several times.

I have also used the powder buttermilk, but prefer the regular buttermilk because it seems to make a thicker batter to me. If in a bind I'm sure you could even use sour milk.

I usually don't measure the honey, I just give the bottle a couple of squeezes and call it done.

I've even added cinnamon and grated apples or some mashed banana to the recipe with sucess

I made some this weekend and used half whole wheat and half all purpose flour. Instead of the honey I used apple sauce. Still very yummy.

mim1106 Posted 18 May 2010 , 7:12pm
post #7 of 17

I don't remember how much it was....I was "blasted" back to the 50's, though, with that jingle on their website, LOL!!

KHalstead Posted 18 May 2010 , 7:34pm
post #8 of 17

yum, I totally want pancakes now (which is no small feat considering I just cooked about 800 of them on Saturday at my church for a pancake breakfast......I was good though and didn't eat any! lol)

mim.......wasn't that totally retro??? lol

TexasSugar Posted 18 May 2010 , 7:41pm
post #9 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by KHalstead

I was good though and didn't eat any! lol)

If my math was correct the ones I made this weekend with the whole wheat and apple sauce were about 55 calories a piece. I only got 11 this time so if I had gotten the full 12 it would have been about 51 calories. icon_smile.gif

mim1106 Posted 18 May 2010 , 7:46pm
post #10 of 17

yea...I didn't see the demo video the first time. She REALLY hates making pancakes!! LMAO. Glad this product is out, or that poor little girl would have still been waiting with her lip out. HAHA!

prterrell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
prterrell Posted 18 May 2010 , 11:07pm
post #11 of 17

I cannot understand why anyone would ever have developed this product. But, then, I don't understand the need for pancake mix, either. Pancakes are stupid easy! 1 c each White Lily self-rising flour and butter milk, 1 tbsp each vegetable oil and sugar, 1 large egg. Stir until just combined. Ladle onto preheated pancake griddle. Makes about 12 4" pancakes.

KHalstead Posted 18 May 2010 , 11:43pm
post #12 of 17

I think it's just about convenience.........how many of us reach for non stick cooking spray instead of a bottle of oil?

same difference!

prterrell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
prterrell Posted 19 May 2010 , 3:42am
post #13 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by KHalstead

I think it's just about convenience.........how many of us reach for non stick cooking spray instead of a bottle of oil?

same difference!

Not really. Non-stick cooking spray is just oil and propellant. You can do the same thing with a pump bottle (and that's refillable, so it keeps the cans out of the landfill) only difference is the pump bottle's propellant is air. Or, you could do as we do and have your oils in squirt bottles. Literally just as fast. I can't remember the last time I used non-stick spray.

At some point you have to make a choice to make good real food. America's love of "convenience" is killing us. Did you see Jamie Oliver's Food Revolution? I don't want my kids thinking pancakes come in a spray can. Especially since mixing up a batch literally takes about 2 minutes. It takes the pan longer than that to heat up.

7yyrt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
7yyrt Posted 19 May 2010 , 4:16am
post #14 of 17

Oh gee, it's been quite a while since I made pancakes...

Breakfast tomorrow - PANCAKES!

dchockeyguy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dchockeyguy Posted 20 May 2010 , 6:00pm
post #15 of 17

I had these once when I was visiting some friends. HOpefully never again! They were pretty nasty. I prefer real buttermilk pancakes.

Lisabellemarie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lisabellemarie Posted 23 May 2010 , 1:46am
post #16 of 17

I bought this once at Sam's club - they tasted nasty, stuck to the pan, and the batter is pretty thin (well, I guess it would have to be), so even though I sprayed it in a pretty design, it kind of ran all over the place. So...I tried it twice, then threw it away.

mellormom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mellormom Posted 29 May 2010 , 10:52pm
post #17 of 17

good to know they are nasty. Now I won't waste my money. icon_smile.gif
Jen...

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%