My Daughter Is A Cake Snob.....

Decorating By KateLS Updated 19 May 2010 , 8:32pm by horskkj

KateLS Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KateLS Posted 18 May 2010 , 12:23am
post #1 of 9

I do cakes as a hobby and only when a birthday or event of significance happens in my family.

So my six year old daughter went to a friend's birthday party and told me that they had a castle cake with fondant. She then proceeds to tell me that the fondant looked squished all over and wasn't smooth like it was suppose to be and said it had lots of wrinkles.

Oh dear... I suppose it's good that she recognizes that things can be better, but she said it in a matter of fact way like it was just wrong. LoL

When I asked her if she said these things at the party, she was silent for a few seconds and said, "I don't think so." Oh dear! Let's hope not.

(And FYI, we did have a talk about not saying things negative about others' cakes. I have had and sometimes still have my share of wrinkles!)

8 replies
indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 18 May 2010 , 1:07am
post #2 of 9

That's classic! It is SO cool when we get confirmation that they ARE paying attention! thumbs_up.gif

My youngest, while much older than a 6 year old, came home from her high school Home Ec class (or whatever they call Home Ec these days!) and said they were watching a video of someone working in the kitchen.

"OMG, mom, she was licking the spoons and putting them back in the bowl. She wasn't wearing gloves, she kept touching her hair, and she never washed her hands OR the countertop ONE time!"

Ahhhhhhh...... it was my proud moment! icon_biggrin.gif

Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 18 May 2010 , 1:15am
post #3 of 9

That is too funny....My daughter will go to a birthday party and come home and tell me all about the cake and how it isn't as good as mine etc..Makes me laugh the hand gestures and faces...I crack up!! She'll say.."Mom..it was kinda ugly...not as good as yours" I just smile!!

andreamen1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
andreamen1 Posted 18 May 2010 , 1:19am
post #4 of 9

thats cute
my son is in kinder and the had cupcakes oneday when he came home he told me, "Mom we had cupcake today but i didn't eat them" i said why, cause the had buttercream yuck!!

GenGen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GenGen Posted 18 May 2010 , 1:27am
post #5 of 9

hehe unfortunetly my household have grown into being "secretive" cake snobs too as well as some of my inlaws heh. i hear now and then about events gone to etc whre the cake just wasn't as nearly good as mine even when i do box mixes. i tell them its easy just follow the directions on the box! lol. it spells it out. guess its the little things i do heh

ksmith1012 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ksmith1012 Posted 18 May 2010 , 1:48am
post #6 of 9

hehe! My 3 year old little boy is even a cake snob. We were at my SIL's birthday party where they had purchased a bakery-style cake. When my BIL jokingly asked my son if it was better than one of my cakes, my little boy replied.. "No! My mom makes AWESOME cakes! " hahahaha.

peg818 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
peg818 Posted 18 May 2010 , 1:24pm
post #7 of 9

Well, i know my boys when they started their first jobs were appalled at some of the kitchen conditions they were expected to work in.

My oldest would come home saying don't eat there or there. And it was amazing to me the first time they came home to tell me someone made their favorite sweet and when they bit into it they just wanted to spit it out cause "it didn't taste like yours"

KateLS Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KateLS Posted 18 May 2010 , 10:52pm
post #8 of 9

Thank you all for sharing! I got some good chuckles! =) Kids are the greatest!

horskkj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
horskkj Posted 19 May 2010 , 8:32pm
post #9 of 9

My boys are the same way. After attending a Bday party my 9yo said "Mom, the cake was bought at a store! It wasn't very good and just had plastic decorations on it". The really bad thing is that some of their classmates have starting saying "(my boys names) have the best parties cause their Mom makes the best cakes". Other kids have asked me to make their cakes but I just don't want to put that much time into doing them other than friends/family plus it makes my kids cakes less special.

I tell my husband that when I am dead and gone (100 years from now, LOL) my boys will say "She sure was bossy and had a lot of rules but Damn, she could bake a tasty cake".

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%