Irritated!

Decorating By Angelfire3 Updated 18 May 2010 , 10:05am by JanH

Angelfire3 Posted 17 May 2010 , 7:59pm
post #1 of 15

I'm so irritated right now. I ordered Wilton's Tall Tier Cake Stand a few months back so I can make my daughter the Tinkerbell treetop birthday cake and a few moments ago, I went to Wilton.com to order the glue-on plate legs. Well, come to find out they are discontinued and the tall tier cake stand is also discontinues. WTH! The customer service rep. refused to tell me why they were discontinued. I'm mad that I used a $49.99 gift card for a product that is useless.

Does anyone know how/what I can use to make legs? Her cake will not be big so I do not want use the larger plate with the legs.

14 replies
SS385Monte Posted 17 May 2010 , 8:15pm
post #2 of 15

Are there any local or semi-local cake stores that might still have them in stock? I'm pretty sure the cake store near me (Maryland) had them the last time I was in.

jammjenks Posted 17 May 2010 , 8:17pm
post #3 of 15

Maybe you can find them on ebay??

I use the stand all the time, but usually it is for a cupcake stand.

cathyscakes Posted 17 May 2010 , 8:17pm
post #4 of 15

I just checked shop bakers nook had them for 69cents a piece, I think you need 6 of them, I'm sure places still have them in stock.

Angelfire3 Posted 17 May 2010 , 8:57pm
post #5 of 15

Thanks for your replies!

I tried looking on ebay but no results came up. I typed in "glue-on plate legs" and no results.

cathyscakes, the link/store you typed was blocked. Can you pm me or email me the name of the store?

I checked Michaels & AC Moore in my area and they don't have anything

icon_cry.gif

jenncowin Posted 17 May 2010 , 9:08pm
post #6 of 15

Wilton has been discontinuing alot of items that make no sense what so ever. (the heart seperator plates are one of them) I wish I had some help to give you, but I don't. Good luck in finding them.

Angelfire3 Posted 17 May 2010 , 9:10pm
post #7 of 15

Thanks~ You're right. It doesn't make any sense. I'm searching Amazon, ebay, google etc with no luck. Good luck with your heart separator plates.

EvMarie Posted 17 May 2010 , 9:21pm
post #8 of 15

Artese, I found the legs sold separately on sugarcraft site. Look under cake stands. Not sure if they have in stock...but give it a whirl....

good luck!

Oh - if you can't find them, can you find a plastic base of sorts, to "fix" to the bottom? I'm thinking a sort of upside down round cake pan. Of course, the look would need to be disguised to make it pretty...but I'm thinking if you got creative you could come up with something sturdy.

Angelfire3 Posted 17 May 2010 , 9:23pm
post #9 of 15

EvMarie ,
For some reason CC will not allow you or anyone to list other websites. The site you listed was blocked so I was unable to see the name. I was thinking of doing that anyway. I just may have to make that huge cake for her party and just distribute the cake to her guests. Or, Cut larger pieces.

Angelfire3 Posted 17 May 2010 , 9:32pm
post #10 of 15

LOL! I got it. Thanks again. But your rhyme was really good.

Angelfire3 Posted 17 May 2010 , 9:50pm
post #11 of 15

I just checked the website S.C. and they are charging $1/glue-on plate leg and then $8.39 for shipping. That is a rip off. I guess it's all about supply and demand. I'll pass icon_cool.gif

I'm just trying to figure out why so many people are hiking up shipping charges. There is no way 6-light weight pieces of plastic will warrant $8.39 for shipping that won't be here for 10 days. Crazy! I just got a pair of shoes in the mail and the shipping was only $6.00 icon_mad.gif

EvMarie Posted 17 May 2010 , 9:58pm
post #12 of 15

Kiddiecakes you rock!!! Although, I do like the "game". hahahaha....

I'll remember that for next time! icon_smile.gif

Kiddiekakes Posted 17 May 2010 , 10:00pm
post #13 of 15

Anytime!!!

Angelfire3 Posted 17 May 2010 , 10:13pm
post #14 of 15

Thank you so much for the tip. Great idea.

JanH Posted 18 May 2010 , 10:05am
post #15 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artese

EvMarie ,
For some reason CC will not allow you or anyone to list other websites.

That isn't the case at all. CC blocks one site because the site requested it.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%