So, Just To Be Clear, When It Comes To Wires ...

Decorating By emiyeric Updated 18 May 2010 , 12:41am by emiyeric

emiyeric Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
emiyeric Posted 17 May 2010 , 7:33pm
post #1 of 4

If I'm using metal wires as frames for my RKT figurines, and I wrap them in floral tape first so there's no metal showing or coming into contact with the RKTs, am I good? Not planning on handing out the RKTs to people to eat, but just want to make sure no kiddos will sneak one before I collect them all and get a mouthful of possibly tainted RKT icon_smile.gif.

Never done wires as frames before! Thanks for your help!

3 replies
jammjenks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jammjenks Posted 17 May 2010 , 8:23pm
post #2 of 4

I usually use sucker sticks for this.

tesso Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tesso Posted 17 May 2010 , 8:29pm
post #3 of 4

no floral tape. so sorry. some tape has latex, which if someone is allergic to can lead to Anaphylactic shock. Check your tape first.
I use wire all the time, but I use lead-free, jewelry wire. Never had a problem with it. and it is pretty inexpensive and available in different gauges. YOu can get it a hobby lobby, michaels, etc.

emiyeric Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
emiyeric Posted 18 May 2010 , 12:41am
post #4 of 4

I actually have lead-free jewelry wire, that's exactly what I've already bought (that and the very skinny cloth-wrapped wire). Forgot the latex bit (silly, since I'm a doctor and see latex sensitivity all the time, hehe icon_smile.gif ) ... thanks for the reminder! I can't use sucker sticks for this particular project, unfortunately!

Thanks, guys!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%