Problem With Molds - Need Help!!

Decorating By CakesbyOma Updated 17 May 2010 , 6:52pm by cakemom42

CakesbyOma Posted 17 May 2010 , 6:08pm
post #1 of 7

This weekend I was making gumpaste rocks, using a CK mold that comes with the picket fence. I filled the mold, put it in the freezer for 2 min, then 5, then 30 minutes, tried prying it out with a toothpick and it was stuck! Want to use this mold for the picket fence later, but don't want to reck it by picking away at the fondant to try to get it out. What am I doing wrong?

6 replies
Kiddiekakes Posted 17 May 2010 , 6:17pm
post #2 of 7

I always lightly powder my molds with icing sugar first before I use fondant or gumpaste..Helps to keep them from sticking..I also never freeze them either so try that!

cakemom42 Posted 17 May 2010 , 6:20pm
post #3 of 7

Soak the mold in hot water & the gumpaste will become soft & you'll be able to get it out...

Let it dry completely...
Then the next step is to dust the mold with corn strach before you put the gumpaste in.
I don't put mine in the freezer.. I just place the gumpaste in & pull it out right away, or I let it dry and then peel the mold off...

CakesbyOma Posted 17 May 2010 , 6:23pm
post #4 of 7

Thank you! I'll give that a try tonite...

cakemom42 Posted 17 May 2010 , 6:37pm
post #5 of 7

Let us know how it goes :0)
Have fun ;0)

CakesbyOma Posted 17 May 2010 , 6:42pm
post #6 of 7

Will do, unless I'm planting my garden, which means I won't get to until this weekend. One way or the other, will let you know because I appreciate you taking the time to help. Spent all of yesterday making dozens and dozens of 1/4" daffodils, tulips and calla lillies for my grandaughter's birthday, so I'm a little gumpasted out now too...my neck hurts!!

cakemom42 Posted 17 May 2010 , 6:52pm
post #7 of 7

:0) :0) :0)
I so understand this!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%