Shrek..how To?? Asap!!

Decorating By jenscreativity Updated 17 May 2010 , 7:37pm by emiyeric

jenscreativity Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jenscreativity Posted 17 May 2010 , 5:20pm
post #1 of 4

How do I make the head of Shrek out of fondant,, to make the front part of face stand out as a fat face??Hope you know what I mean? I can roll into a ball,but it's straight up and down, there is no extra face standing out for the fatter chin. Please help asap!

3 replies
chellescountrycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chellescountrycakes Posted 17 May 2010 , 7:03pm
post #2 of 4

I would make an oblongish ball and then cut away- instead of just trying to get it stuck on there.

unless you canmake the chin seperate and glue it on and smooth it on. I have managed to smooth on peices that didnt look like they were 'stuck' on there, I had to keep my fingertip wet.

babykonst Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
babykonst Posted 17 May 2010 , 7:21pm
post #3 of 4

maybe you can use rkt, that way you will be able to mold it then cover in fondant??

emiyeric Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
emiyeric Posted 17 May 2010 , 7:37pm
post #4 of 4

What I do that works nicely is to take some RI and stick on just plain balls of fondant where my cheeks/nose/chin would be, regardless of what color your fondant is. I then take an extra layer of fondant (just a thin sheet all rolled out in the color I actually want) and drape it over all the balls - the big head ball and the added-on balls, so it all looks like one smooth finish. Works like a charm! icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%