Fondant Cracking During Delivery

Decorating By CakeComeTrue Updated 17 May 2010 , 4:16pm by CakeComeTrue

CakeComeTrue Posted 17 May 2010 , 2:54pm
post #1 of 3

I have been having problems with my fondant cracking down the side or in the back during delivery. As soon as i pick up the cake to take it to the car, it starts. It's as if the fondant dries and a small crack just turns into a huge crack. I have a wedding cake which I will be traveling 5 hours with and plan to travel with them not assembled but am worried that when I go to stack them that the dry fondant will crack when I stack them...any advise would be super helpful. Could it be my supports? Also, if they do crack, is there a way to cover them up so they aren't as noticeable? thanks for any help,
Lisa from Florida

2 replies
leily Posted 17 May 2010 , 3:28pm
post #2 of 3

what are your cakes sitting on? It sounds like there isn't enough support for the cake (the cake board) so when you move it the cake flexes/moves and then since the fondant is partly dry it is trying to move but isn't as flexible and cracks

CakeComeTrue Posted 17 May 2010 , 4:16pm
post #3 of 3

that was my guess too. I have been using the same system for a couple of years now, but may try using foam core and see how that goes, unless there are other suggestions.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%