Fruit Filling Shelves

Decorating By PTBUGZY1 Updated 17 May 2010 , 11:41pm by Rose_N_Crantz

PTBUGZY1 Posted 17 May 2010 , 3:33am
post #1 of 9

I just bought the lemon, strawberry and bavarian filling shelves and I have a couple of questions. I know it doesn't have to be refridgerated but once open how long will it stay good? can it be frozen, if so for how long?
I think I remember reading somewhere that it will last forever and survive a nuclear blast along with the roaches icon_eek.gif , anyone know for sure?
TIA

8 replies
SugarFrosted Posted 17 May 2010 , 3:35am
post #2 of 9

what are shelves? do you mean sleeves?

PTBUGZY1 Posted 17 May 2010 , 3:40am
post #3 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by SugarFrosted

what are shelves? do you mean sleeves?

LMBO--- yes i mean sleeves. wow I'm sorry it's late and that's my excuse. :^)

leah_s Posted 17 May 2010 , 4:11am
post #4 of 9

There's no need to freeze the stuff. It lasts practically forever.

Rose_N_Crantz Posted 17 May 2010 , 4:21am
post #5 of 9

I was actually wondering about this today too. I know while the stuff is in the sleeves it doesn't need to be chilled, but what about once it's opened or used in cake?

I think about jars of fruit preserves and the stuff isn't chilled in the stores, but the jars say to refrigerate after opening. I wonder if this stuff is the same.

LindaF144a Posted 17 May 2010 , 2:18pm
post #6 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by PTBUGZY1

I just bought the lemon, strawberry and bavarian filling shelves and I have a couple of questions. I know it doesn't have to be refridgerated but once open how long will it stay good? can it be frozen, if so for how long?
I think I remember reading somewhere that it will last forever and survive a nuclear blast along with the roaches icon_eek.gif , anyone know for sure?
TIA

What are these filling sleeves? Can you provide a link to what they are?
Thanks.

KayMc Posted 17 May 2010 , 2:30pm
post #7 of 9

If it lasts forever, it doesn't sound real appetizing.....

kakeladi Posted 17 May 2010 , 11:35pm
post #8 of 9

I have kept some for up to 6 wks w/o frig'ing. It is suggested it be frig'd after opening and will last over a year.
YHou picked my favorite ones icon_smile.gif\\
Oh, and jam? The reason it should be frig'd is so the sugar does not crystalize and forigen matter that enters the jar via knife etc won't make it spoil.

Rose_N_Crantz Posted 17 May 2010 , 11:41pm
post #9 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by kakeladi

Oh, and jam? The reason it should be frig'd is so the sugar does not crystalize and forigen matter that enters the jar via knife etc won't make it spoil.

Ooohhhhhhhh icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%