Has Anyone Used Candymelts As A Fake "ganache"?

Baking By Jeep_girl816 Updated 27 May 2010 , 4:49am by JanH

Rylan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rylan Posted 18 May 2010 , 8:47pm
post #61 of 67

Hehehe, no worries Dalis.

madgeowens Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
madgeowens Posted 19 May 2010 , 5:11am
post #62 of 67

Rylan I made my grandsons cake and wanted to get more height for him, and used a styofoam dummy......OMG what a pain.....when you mix real cake tiers with dummy how do you secure the dummy? It was wobbling all over and I didnt want styrofoam in the cake so how do you do yours? First I had the dummy on second from the top but the real one was too heavy so I changed it to put a smaller dummy on top, and it kept leaning.....whats the secret? I can't remember having this problem ever before.

Oh and I guess I did not know what ganache is cause I always use wafers and other chocolate combined....oopsies.....no wonder the kids don't like it lol

Rylan Posted 19 May 2010 , 3:45pm
post #63 of 67

Madge, I have never had this problem before. Most of my cake are real on either 1st tier or second tier...sometimes 3'rd. All I do is dowel the cake tier for the dummies to sit on. I also sometimes put a short center dowel that I insert from the real cake, going down to the styrofoam tier.

Sorry, I'm not much of a help.

madgeowens Posted 20 May 2010 , 3:03am
post #64 of 67

If you dowel the styro you get styro in the real cake yuck....so I was at a loss haha

Rylan Posted 20 May 2010 , 9:53am
post #65 of 67

Madge, I only dowel starting from the real cake going down through the dummy (stopping from there). Never do I start or go through a dummy and then cake. I just do that to prevent shifting. I hope that made sense, hehe.

madgeowens Posted 22 May 2010 , 2:30am
post #66 of 67

Yes that made sense, and I know it shifts haha big time........never will I use them together again...I sound like Yoda now hehe

JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanH Posted 27 May 2010 , 4:49am
post #67 of 67

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%