Anyone Have Their Cookies In Business Lobbies?

Baking By ckdcr8r Updated 17 May 2010 , 8:18pm by Dreme

ckdcr8r Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ckdcr8r Posted 16 May 2010 , 9:42pm
post #1 of 4

I have been thinking about selling my cookies to car dealerships, title companies, hotels, etc to have for their guest traffic in the lobby. Has anyone done this? I was wondering who, like in what position of the company would be the best to contact about this. Thanks for the advice!

3 replies
leily Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leily Posted 17 May 2010 , 3:57am
post #2 of 4

Send a PM to IndyDebi, if she doesn't see this. I know she did this at one time or another. It was a weekly standing order (or daily, don't remember)

CookieMeister Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CookieMeister Posted 17 May 2010 , 7:01pm
post #3 of 4

I'd say marketing, or an office or business manager.

As an HR person in my full time job, I beg no one here to say HR. Unless the company is very small and the HR Person is also the office manager, the HR person would NOT handle this. We get so many things chunked under us sometimes - like when people come to me expecting me to fix their printers like I have anything to do with IT - it annoys us when people say extraneous things must be ours. LOL Okay, I'm off my soapbox now. icon_biggrin.gif

Dreme Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Dreme Posted 17 May 2010 , 8:18pm
post #4 of 4

A couple of weeks ago I was advised on CC to go and market my cookies to dress designers. It has worked in amazing ways! Thank you CC!.

Im still working on getting myself out there. I came up with a small cookie sampler to give away to businesses that I thought could use or would tell their customers about them. Im making custom cookies tailored to that business. For example I take a sampler box of wedding themed cookies to a bridal shop. I advertise that if they are having a trunk show or an event that they can have something similar to the sampler as favors for the event. Most people like the idea and then even tell brides that come in shopping for a dress that she could use them for her event. I then also send a sampler box to the designers of the dresses and tell them the same thing. So that is at least 3 potential client bases I got off of two sampler boxes. So far it has returned two very large orders from a bride and a designer.

This also works with real estate agents giving gifts to their clients. Hair dressers, doctors, etc. Just a few ideas. I have been taking them in and asking to speak with a manager or owner of the business.

With the few places that I have gone too, it has already returned business.

Id say go for it.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%