First Time User Of Ganache With A Question

Decorating By megan81 Updated 16 May 2010 , 2:20pm by mamawrobin

megan81 Posted 16 May 2010 , 11:32am
post #1 of 4

Hi,

This weekend I will be attempting my first tier cake and first time using ganache. I plan to then cover in the with mmf.

My first question is do I just fill my cake layers with ganache as I would with BC or do I need to whip it first?

Second Question is that I plan on covering the cakes with white mmf & was wondering if the chocolate ganache might come through and stain the white fondant?

3 replies
kathyx1 Posted 16 May 2010 , 11:41am
post #2 of 4

I fill with ganache as is. The ganache wont come through but it is easy to accidentally mark the white fondant with dark ganache!

pattycakesnj Posted 16 May 2010 , 12:29pm
post #3 of 4

fill and frost with ganache and then let the cake sit overnight to let the chocolate set up. Next day cover with fondant, no problem with see thru, I do it all the time. And no need to whip the ganache, but it should be made the day before you need to use it, let it sit on the counter with plastic wrap covering it overnight.

mamawrobin Posted 16 May 2010 , 2:20pm
post #4 of 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by pattycakesnj

fill and frost with ganache and then let the cake sit overnight to let the chocolate set up. Next day cover with fondant, no problem with see thru, I do it all the time. And no need to whip the ganache, but it should be made the day before you need to use it, let it sit on the counter with plastic wrap covering it overnight.

DITTO thumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%