Barbie And Spider Man As A Single Cake For Twins B/day ??

Decorating By wevskysgirl1 Updated 16 May 2010 , 3:21pm by wevskysgirl1

wevskysgirl1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wevskysgirl1 Posted 16 May 2010 , 9:56am
post #1 of 12

please can anyone think of away to combine barbie and spider man as one cake , its for a twins b/day in july ... and my brains just gone blank icon_confused.gif
thanks for any help you can give icon_smile.gif

11 replies
leily Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leily Posted 16 May 2010 , 10:19am
post #2 of 12

Can you give us any ideas on what size and shape of cake you're doing? Are you doing a sheet cake? Or a tiered cake? Square?

Are you trying to divide the cake so it's 1/2 barbie 1/2 spiderman or are you trying to incorporate both of them into the same scene?

wevskysgirl1 Posted 16 May 2010 , 10:33am
post #3 of 12

both on the same cake , i was thinking a tower with barbie at the top and spiderman climbing it ... and the mums just asked me to make the characters look like the twins ... eek icon_smile.gif

Ursula40 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ursula40 Posted 16 May 2010 , 10:34am
post #4 of 12

Spiderman rescuing Barbie

Spiderman spinning his web around her

both of them rescuing a dog together

Difficult to say, if we don't have an idea how many servings, whether carved, sheet etc

wevskysgirl1 Posted 16 May 2010 , 10:40am
post #5 of 12

carved i think would work best , and min of 25-30 servings icon_smile.gif thanks

Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 16 May 2010 , 1:41pm
post #6 of 12

Maybe try a cake like this...Sugarchicone does fabulous work!!
LL

Kiddiekakes Posted 16 May 2010 , 1:46pm
post #7 of 12

Okay..I don't know what is happening here...let me try again
LL

Kiddiekakes Posted 16 May 2010 , 1:51pm
post #8 of 12

Well..It won't let me post any photos....not sure why..PM sugarchicone and ask her to send you thepic of Spidey and Hannaha Montana combined..Maybe it will help with the ideas.

imartsy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
imartsy Posted 16 May 2010 , 2:28pm
post #9 of 12

Is it possible to do two cakes? Maybe two smaller rounds so you don't have to try to combine the two? Barbie and Spiderman are such different sizes, I believe.... the proportions would be really off....at least I think they would be.

And I don't know how you're supposed to make characters that look like these kids - how old are they? Barbie is a full-grown woman and spiderman is at least a 20-year old boy.... I don't know, just think it would look weird.... and how is spiderman supposed to look like a kid? You don't see his face and the body is the body of a man.... maybe mom didn't really think that request through...

For Barbie, the hair and eyes could be the same color as the little girl.... but that's about as close as you are going to get to "making it look like her"....

Of course, you may be super talented and be able to pull it off some how. Good luck!

Justbeck101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Justbeck101 Posted 16 May 2010 , 2:48pm
post #10 of 12

There is a really awesome one on Flickr. I will try to find it late and post the link

Justbeck101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wevskysgirl1 Posted 16 May 2010 , 3:21pm
post #12 of 12

thanks for all the suggestions icon_smile.gif ... the mum has decided that she wants a fondant boy in a spiderman outfit and a little barbie girl .... and she wants a rapunzel tower (stacked cakes ) with spiderman climbing up the tower to rescue barbie
i worked out the cost and i think she was a tad shocked to find it would cost a tad more than the £20 that she was thinking .. even though i had asked what was the upper price limit and she said ohh price is no object .
mind you even if she decides that she cant afford it , im going to have ago at doing the cake for my kids just to see how it would work icon_smile.gif
thanks once more for all your help this site is brill icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%