Wilton Harry Potter Shaped Pan

Decorating By krae0057 Updated 17 May 2010 , 2:19am by 7yyrt

krae0057 Posted 16 May 2010 , 5:20am
post #1 of 6

I am trying to use Wilton's Harry Potter shaped pan. I tried baking the cake tonight, first greasing/flouring the pan. The middle of it (Harry's face) stuck to the pan.

Does anyone have any tips as to how to bake this kind of cake?

Thanks!

5 replies
JanH Posted 16 May 2010 , 5:24am
post #2 of 6

How long did you cool the cake in the pan?

If cooled too long, the shortening/flour firms up again and acts like glue....

Here are the baking/decorating instructions, in case you didn't get them with your pan:

http://www.wilton.com/downloads/paninstructions/2105-5000HarryPotter.pdf

HTH

MRRRAR Posted 16 May 2010 , 5:48am
post #3 of 6

I don't know if this will help you but I always use the Wilton cake release in those character pans! JanH is right on also about letting it cool too long, good luck!

SugarFrosted Posted 16 May 2010 , 5:56am
post #4 of 6

I have always used Baker's Joy (a spray which includes flour) which works very well for me. I cool my character cakes in the pan on a rack for about 10 minutes before I level the cake and flip it onto a paper towel covered rack. Then I cover with a sheet of cling wrap (only the upper surface and sides, not the bottom) and set the pan back over the cake till it's cool (about 2 hours).

krae0057 Posted 16 May 2010 , 9:28pm
post #5 of 6

Thanks, everyone, for the replies! I tried using the Cake Release stuff for the first time, and it worked great! Will definitely be buying this from now on.

7yyrt Posted 17 May 2010 , 2:19am
post #6 of 6

Glad the ladies spotted your problem, there is a nice bunch of ladies and a few gentlemen here.
Welcome to CC! Image

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%