Patriotic Wedding Cake

Decorating By LizzyLaw06 Updated 15 May 2010 , 11:01pm by Doug

LizzyLaw06 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LizzyLaw06 Posted 15 May 2010 , 9:35pm
post #1 of 7

so i'm doing a wedding cake memorial day weekend. they want PBR beer cans hiding the pillars. not worried about that. but they want 2 full cans so they can spray each other with them. it will be a tiered cake, 3 layers. fairly simple. ribbon border with star cut outs.

how do i put the full cans into the design. i thought about doing something in the top centerpiece? i want them mostly hidden. the top tier will be an 8inch round. any ideas.
TIA!

6 replies
tmac670 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tmac670 Posted 15 May 2010 , 9:43pm
post #2 of 7

Other than OMG........ I am drawing a blank.

LizzyLaw06 Posted 15 May 2010 , 9:46pm
post #3 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmac670

Other than OMG........ I am drawing a blank.

yeeeaaahhhh......my thoughts as well, though i am actually excited to do something so "out of the box"

Doug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Doug Posted 15 May 2010 , 9:57pm
post #4 of 7

make a cake plateau out of beer cans!

have all but 2 -- one each side glued together (hot melt glue) so as to form a ring as big around as the bottom tier.

leave the two gaps where the full cans will go.

will be a fun gag to watch them pull them out from under the cake and shake and spray.

iamcakin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
iamcakin Posted 15 May 2010 , 10:20pm
post #5 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by LizzyLaw06

but they want 2 full cans so they can spray each other with them.
TIA!

icon_surprised.gif No, this is a joke, right?!? icon_lol.gif

LizzyLaw06 Posted 15 May 2010 , 10:30pm
post #6 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug

have all but 2 -- one each side glued together (hot melt glue) so as to form a ring as big around as the bottom tier.

will be a fun gag to watch them pull them out from under the cake and shake and spray.

i like that!!! so if i have a 14inch base or so of empty beer cans? will that hold the weight? sizes are 12/10/8 round double layer. I suppose it would?

and, no, no joke icon_biggrin.gif

Doug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Doug Posted 15 May 2010 , 11:01pm
post #7 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by LizzyLaw06

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug

i like that!!! so if i have a 14inch base or so of empty beer cans? will that hold the weight? sizes are 12/10/8 round double layer. I suppose it would?

and, no, no joke icon_biggrin.gif

properly glued together should hold no problem.

for extra security -- even glue the cans (except for the gap for the 2 full ones) to the 14 base (i'd use mdf for that)

and for even more security...

14" mdf base on bottom, cans glued to it, and another 14" circle of MDF glued on top. -- heck if you or someone is really handy could even run threaded rods and screw the hole thing together.

(of course I'm now off in silly land -- make the base a beer cooler in disguise? hide a motor inside so it rotates?)

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%